Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possible X10 Problem from ADIO Ocelot

All,

I use the ADIO Ocelot plugin to handle my X10 tx / rx with HS2, and the RCS X10 thermostat plugin. I've been having a few thermostat problems, and Jim Doolittle (author of the thermostat plugin) noticed that one entry in my log was likely to be a problem for the thermostat plugin, and was likely being generated by the Ocelot plugin.

The entry was:

H13 (?) H5 (?) H14 (?) H Preset Dim2 24

Can anyone tell me what the Ocelot plugin is trying to accomplish with this? If not critical, can I somehow disable it, so as not to confuse the thermostat plugin?

Thanks.
    Last edited by Madcodger; October 28th, 2005, 03:39 PM. Reason: Bad title
    Madcodger

This would be a lot easier if I knew what I was doing...

Are you using a PSC05? I've had to completely remove the PSC05 from my ocelot becuase it kept putting X10 noise on the line. This is documented at this forum as well as http://www.appdigsupport.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi

X10 reliability of my system increased 10 fold, to like 99.99% after I removed the PSC05 from the Ocelot (I use a TI103 as my X10 interface).

It's not an issue with the PSC05 itself, as the one that's connected to my thermostat works just fine, it's just the combo of the Ocelot and PSC05.
    John
    Hardware: i5-6400T w/16GB RAM & SSD w/HS3Pro, Z-Net, Harmony Hub x2, Echo Dot x2, Ocelot
    Plugins: Z-wave, HSTouch, BLBackup, Harmony, GTS CPUXA, UltraMon3, Nest
    HSTouch: Multiple Android Devices; 5 x ToteVision MD-1001 10.1" Win 7 Tablets
    Devices: Cooper RF9501 x4, RF9517 x6, RF9534 x1, RF9540-N x7, RF9542 x1, RF9542-Z x2, RFHDSCG x1, RFWC5 x5; Intermatic HA02 x6; FortrezZ MIMOLite x3; Leviton VRPD3-1LW x4, VRR15-1LZ x6; Nest Tstat & 9x Protects; Dragon PD-100 x3, PA-100 x3

Comment

Just beware that there are some known problems with the TI103 plug-in as well:

http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=105553

Don

Comment

I do use a PSC05

Gents,

I do use a PSC05, and have just unplugged it to see if that helps. However, I've used it for about a year now with the Ocelot, with no real problems.

Whatever I have happening, the actual problem that I see seems confined to running events tied to my RCS X10 thermostat plugin. I can change the temp using the GUI or the status page, but when an event runs that is supposed to turn the heat seatpoint up or down, it does nothing. Driving me crazy. Jim thought it might be tied to the X10 signals generated by the Ocelot plugin, but I'm having my doubts about that.

Thanks for the heads up on the problems. I'll look into it.
        Madcodger

This would be a lot easier if I knew what I was doing...

Comment

Just to clarify, my comments about problematic X10 command are regarding received commands. If the received command is faulty, then the source cause is the stat's PSC05, the X10 interface used for HS, or HS itself. The issue could reside with any of the three.
          Jim Doolittle

My Twitter
          My Hardware & Software

Comment

Working...
          X