Relay?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Relay?

Can the Ocelot unit with a 16 zone IR unit also be used to relay ir commands? Besides having homeseer control my devices, i would also like to be able to use the remote for my stereo, which has multi-zone built in to it, from the basement. So is there a way to place an ir receiver in the basement and have it tranmit anything it receives to the living room where the stereo is?

Thanks for any help here.

Yes. The ocelot can be directly programmed to learn codes, repeat codes, do actions/macros based on receiving codes, zone specific.

The ocelot, together with HS can do all this as well. The ocelot can act as the learn/send/repeat interface and you can put all the remotes, codes and zones into HS. Just a question of what how deep you wanna get. I use the Ocelot with HS because the interface is easy and I like to keep all my HA rules in one place (as much as possible).

Joe

Comment

Great news, can i ask one more question thought? I noticed on the Ocelot itself there is one IR in. Is there a module I am missing to give me more then one IR in?

Comment

I can't talk Ocelot per se on this subject, but I use a Sonance IR connecting block. Niles and lots of others have similar things. Just make sure that whatever you get is 12v - that's the IR signal strength and a connecting block won't repeat what it doesn't see.

Here is a link I found to get you thinking. One of many approaches.

http://www.home-technology-store.com...tion-info.aspx
        Joe

Comment

Working...
        X