Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• X-10 Commands to Ocelot from W800

Hello Michael;

I am currently running version 1.7.0 of the ADI Ocelot plugin with HomeSeer 1.7.43. I have an interesting scenario that came up when trying to establish CMax code for my Car Monitor project.

I have a W800 RF receiver on my HomeSeer machine and that is how I receive any X-10 RF signals. My HomeSeer machine also has a CM11a to the powerline and my Ocelot has a TW-523 to the powerline. My Ocelot and HomeSeer are of course connected via a serial port.

All has been working great for years. I just have this one scenario that I was wondering if there was a fix for, or if I could somehow create a work around.

I need to see a certain X-10 "Command Pair" in my Cmax program. This command pair signal gets repeated every three seconds from my car monitor via an RF signal. The only way it gets "picked up" is via the W800 and HomeSeer.

The only way I seem to be able to get the Ocelot to see this signal is if I "re-transmit" the signal over the powerline. (Thus it goes from HomeSeer to its CM11a to the Ocelot's TW-523 over the powerline). I would much rather have this signal sent to the Ocelot via the serial port, thus not "clogging up" the powerline with this repeating signal.

Is there a way to do this with your plugin? I know I can create a variable and change its value via HomeSeer and have the Ocelot see this change via the serial port. I would like to do the same thing with an X-10 command pair (i.e. I-15 ON and I-15 OFF).

Regards and thanks,

BSR
    --------------------------------------------------
    **** Do You "Cocoon"? ****

I dont think I fully unerderstand your question.

Homeseer via the W800 has device I-15 change ON/OFF with the command pair. The ocelot is deaf to this transaction.

A Homeseer event can write to an ocelot variable either each ON and each OFF or perhaps toggle/increment the variable on each ON/OFF pair. The ocelot can probably only see changes at a rate of 1 second per change so the ability to send both ON and OFF may be limited based upon queueing in HS and the rate provided by the car monitor.

There is no mechanism to tell the ocelot that X10 I-15 was received. There is a mechanism to tell it Variable 99 was received. There is a mechanism to tell it to send X10 I-15

Comment

Thanks for the response Michael;

I'm trying to just have the Ocelot see when a command pair comes in from the W800 via HomeSeer. For instance when I transmit I-15 ON from a PalmPad, the Ocelot will not see it as this transmission is picked up by HomeSeer via the W800.

My question was is there any way for the Ocelot to see this I-15 ON transmission from a PalmPad via HomeSeer/W800 over the serial port (i.e. I don't want to have to retransmit I-15 ON over the powerline).

I know you can create a variable and have that follow the command, but with the Cmax logic I would like to use, I need the Ocelot to see the X-10 I-15 ON command pair.

Thanks again,

BSR

Comment

Here is the Cmax logic I would like to incorporate in the Ocelot:

http://www.cocoontech.com/index.php?...=post&id=28265

As you can see I need to see each transmission of the I-15 ON command pair in order to keep "reseting" the timer. Once the command pair is not received (vehicle out of range) the timer is allowed to continue.

Comment

I got it, finally!

Well, I figured out a work around. Wasn't pretty but basically after adding two HomeSeer events and two more variables (both in HS and the Ocelot) I was able to achieve what I wanted. Turns out to be an excellent "occupancy" detector as well!

Man, I wish the Ocelot supported the W800 natively!

Comment

Working...
          X