When I create more variables in ADIOcelot General/Variables,
    I can't save my configuration anymore.
    I'm using HS 1.7 and ADIOcelot 1.13.2
    I get attached error
    Anyone?
    Attached Files
    Peter

http://ohh.pcgsm.nl

This error is from Access database and is likely when HS tries to save its devices. I've seen it occur with other database activities when the field I reserved in the database is not sufficiently large to handle the data being provided. For example a field reserved for 10 characters and 11 characters are being stored into it.

I would isolate as best I could as to exactly what single thing causes the error and then report back. I can put debug code in the plugin if the problem area is better isolated or a ticket can be submitted with HST, but again more detail of what causes the problem is needed.

Comment

I go to ADIOselot, setup and in general/variables I create 1 variable (\40) then I push the button Create and delete variables.

The variable is then created.
      When I want to save my configuration I get the error.
      When I go back to the ADIOselot setup and remove the variable and try to save the configuration, it will save without problems.

When I remove an existing variable and then create it again I get the same problem.
      Peter

Comment

I assume that your "Save Configuration" is a HS interface from the browser or menu. The only thing I suggest trying is to assure that the ADIOcelot Interface name option is set to ADIOcelot and not Applied Digital Ocelot on the ADIOcelot setup menu. Otherwise submit a help desk ticked to HST.

Comment

I checked and the interface name was on Applied Digital Ocelot, so I changed it to ADIOcelot.

Then I restarted homeseer.
          Back to configure interface it says no house code and nothing is selected.
          Then I started cmax and connected to the controller. Quit cmax, go back to general variables and everything is back and working. But when I want to save config the error is still there.
          I then open a saved config. Save it again and all goes well.
          Then I go back to adioselot setup, all looks well. But when I select create and delete variables, it is changing the house codes from \ and ] to # and $. The devices are created and my old devices are still there but none are working.
          I then load my config again. All new created devices are gone, and also in adiocelot setup all devices are blank and house code is back to No House Code.Going to cmax... and they are back.
          So finaly I have everything working exept creating of new variables.
          The selection of the wrong interface name I think started this problem but has been so for a long while and there was no need for extra variables, so I did not have a problem. But now I need more variables.
          When the create and delete variables problem can't be disolved without creating new house codes I have a problem. I have a lot of events that use them.
          When there is an other way, like editing a file, that is no problem for me.
          Please advice.
          Thanks.
          Peter

Comment

Your objective is to get a consistent Interface name and desired set of house codes. ADIOcelot, when it starts, finds its house code by looking for devices with its interface property. There is also a file \Config\Settings.ini that contains unit code to house code mappings for the IO devices. I've provided scripts to change house codes and I have posted a utility called ManageInterface or InterfaceManager that allows a GUI method of editing critical device properties. If you cannot find these of are not able to script it yourself then post again.

Comment

Well, I am a little bit further.

The first interface variable had the voice command on. This coused adiocelot to rename all interface variables to new house codes when I create variables.
              When I restart HS I still don't see any house codes and no I/O units.
              Only after disconnecting and reconnecting to the ocelot they appear again.
              Sometimes after 1 try, sometimes after several rying.
              I can then succesfuly make new variables, but can't save my configuratin any more.
              The following error is back:
              3/5/2006 15:52:38~!~Error~!~Saving configuration: Multiple-step operation generated errors. Check each status value.
              What do I need to check to clear this error?
              Peter

Comment

I think we are back to the starting gate with the error messages that is produced by HS and HST needs to answer the question. My experience with the error is that the cause is not obvious. The SQL expression used to store the data is valid so it does not error-out at this phase, but when the actual database operatioin is attempted an error occurs. My experience is usually this is when storing data for which the field was too small to hold it.

Comment

Michael,
                  I think I pinpointed the problem.
                  I started a new configuration, so no devices and no events.
                  Created my variables with adioselot and I had the problem that I could not save my config anymore.
                  I then went back to Adiocelot version 1.6.0.10
                  I loaded my orignal config and created my extra devices. No problem ocured.
                  Quit HS and back to version 1.13.2.
                  I now have my extra devices and all is working well.
                  So problem ocures when extra devices are created with 1.13.2
                  Peter

Comment

I just picked up that you are running HS1 and not HS2. I wonder where the database multi-step error is comming from since HS1 uses the file system to save device information vs. HS2 that uses Access database.

Comment

Do you have an earler version of adioselot to test if that one will work for me?

The 1.6 version is te latest I have and I can't create the i/o devices with it anymore.
                      Peter

Comment

I found ADIOcelot_Relay.zip on the board.

It is version 1.12.3 and no problems anymore!
                        Hs also starts up much faster.
                        Peter

Comment

Seems like your investigation shows that something changed in .13 that is causing the problems

Comment

I wish I'd looked on this board sooner. Just spent the afternoon and most of the night isolating the cause of this problem, with exactly the same error being issued, and not being able to save anything from HS.

I'm running 1.7, and downloaded 1.13.2 of ADIOcelot this morning.

The problem is caused when I tick a 'Variables To/From HomeSeer Devices'. It starts up with none of them ticked.
                            So, to cause the problem, tick any variable, click 'Create and Delete Variables', click Update. That's it, HomeSeer will not run properly. Deleting the variables won't fix it, I just have to go back to an earlier saved configuration.

Michael

Comment

It turns out that the new .misc property used in HS2 is not backward compatible with HS1 and that is what is causing HS1 to choke when saving the devices. HS2 added the abilty to conditionally cause Setio callbacks based upon a status change or value change. In HS1 this behavior was hardcoded. New bits in the .misc property controls it. ADIOcelot 1.13.5 made use of these new misc property values conditional upon version so it will work with either HS1 or HS2. I suspect this will occur with other plugins as authors become aware of the changed default behaviors of Setio operatoins.

Comment

Working...
                              X