Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

error after creating variables

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Michael,

    Is there an earlier version that we should go back to? I've found the earlier diagnostic version that PeterPC found and have installed that, so I'm up and running again, but wondered if there is something more suited to production running for the 2-3 months that I'll be staying with HS.1.7 before moving to HS2

    Michael

    Comment


    • #17
      The V1.13.5 that I posted last night was working with V1.7 for me. It corrected the .misc property incompatibility I discovered.

      Comment


      • #18
        Thanks Michael, thats brilliant


        Michael

        Comment


        • #19
          Sorry Michael, where is V1.13.5? The HS1 updater is still offering 1.13.2 as the latest version

          Comment


          • #20
            It is at the top of this ADIOcelot subforum on the Message Board

            Comment


            • #21
              Thanks Michael, running it now, but ...

              The location codes of the IO points have all changed to `1, `2, `3 etc. rather than Secu16 Unit1, and _1 instead of Secu16i Unit2.

              Is this how it should be? I'm losing track of the IO points, there are now three sets there, one with a location of Ocelot, another set with location Secu16 Unit n, and now these new ones.

              Comment


              • #22
                The .13 version allows you to change the .interface property of the devices. HS2 essentially requires the .interface to match the name of the plugin. HS1 does ot care. Originally it was left as "Applied Digital Ocelot" to be transparent with the HST ocelot plugin.

                If you had existing IO points and your inteface name of the devices was set to Applied Digital Ocelot then it should have found these and use the same device code. If the interface name does not match the interface property at startup then a new house code will be used.

                Comment


                • #23
                  I'm losing track of what devices I had when everything last worked, but my beta of DooMotion deleted them when ADIOcelot adjusted them somehow. However, I have the code in a backup, and am resigned to some re-typing.

                  Before I do start retyping, I just wanted to be sure that the latest devices are OK, its a little unusual for them all to have different locations, and the locations look very much like housecodes / unit codes.

                  The location codes are `1 to `13 for devices &1 to &13, and for device '1 on another SECU16, the location code is _1.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    The location names should be the same for variables and I think it is ocelot. The IO should be the same and I think it is SECU16. I would delete them all and make certain none are hidden when you do delete so all are deleted. ADIOcelot should not find any on the next startup and create any that are checked in the ini file with the proper locations. If the house code is not the one you desire then use ManageInterface / InterfaceManager that is posted several times at various locations on this board to change the devices to the desired house code.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      I deleted everything, restarted and created new devices and variables, all had location SECU16, then when I syncronised HS & CMAX, it changed all the locations to the `1 to `13 sequence. (I used CMAX master).

                      Don't think this is a problem (unless you think otherwise), I'll just change all the locations back to something more conventional

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Yes I agree, I was not aware the location came from synchronization rather than from HS device creation.

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X