Homeseer not showing Ocelot variable value updates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Homeseer not showing Ocelot variable value updates

I am running the latest HS 2.1.28 and ADIOcelot 1.13.0.2.
    I have an Ocelot variable set up but Homeseer doesn't show the value being updated on the HS Status screen (even if I refresh it). If I change it in Homeseer, it gets changed properly in the Ocelot, but Homeseer doesn't reflect the proper value. The only time it shows the correct value is if I restart Homeseer.
    Any ideas?
    Dick
    HS PRO 2.5.0.81, WinXP, IE8, Shuttle XS35V3, 2.13GHz, 4GB, 40GB SSD drive, AC-RF2, ADIOcelot, Message Server, TI103, SNEVL CID, pjcOutlook, MCSTemperature, Powertrigger, BLBackup, BLFloorplan, BLIcon, BLOccupied, BLRadar, BLRfid, BLLogMonitor, ACPUPSD, UltraECM, WeatherXML & Stipus' script connector. 500+ devices, 260+ events, 1-wire weather station + temp/humidity sensors & Oregon Scientific temp & humidity sensors & 2 Brultech ECM-1240s

bump....
    Dick
    HS PRO 2.5.0.81, WinXP, IE8, Shuttle XS35V3, 2.13GHz, 4GB, 40GB SSD drive, AC-RF2, ADIOcelot, Message Server, TI103, SNEVL CID, pjcOutlook, MCSTemperature, Powertrigger, BLBackup, BLFloorplan, BLIcon, BLOccupied, BLRadar, BLRfid, BLLogMonitor, ACPUPSD, UltraECM, WeatherXML & Stipus' script connector. 500+ devices, 260+ events, 1-wire weather station + temp/humidity sensors & Oregon Scientific temp & humidity sensors & 2 Brultech ECM-1240s

Comment

There are several reporting a similiar problem with many different plugins at about the same time. I do not know if anyone has submitted a help ticket with HST, but it does appear to be related to the latest HS 2.1 build.

Comment

I know posts such as these aren't helpful at times but- I'm running HS 2.1.28 with adi plugin 1.13.2 and variables are updating. I have quite a number of events that are triggered by variable changes in the ocelot and they're all running. I usually don't use the status screen but did check and it is updating as well.

If you enable the ocelot.log from the setup screen are the correct values being logged?

jim

Comment

I turned on the logging to Ocelot.log for a while. In particular, I have 3 devices I tested.
          (1) is an on/off type to tell the ocelot how a virtual is set that it checks before turning on some lights.
          (2) is an on/off type to tell the ocelot how a virtual is set that it checks before updating the readings back to Homeseer from a light bobcat.
          (3) is a virtual device whose value holds the bobcat's light reading.
          If I turn ON either the first or second one nothing shows up in ocelot.log. If the second one is turned on however, the third one gets regularly updated with the bobcat light reading.
          Why doesn't the ocelot tell Homeseer when devices 1 & 2 are changed, but does when 3 updates. The only time 1 or 2 is correct is if I shut down HS and restart it.
          Dick

Comment

Devices that are IO points such as via a SECU16 will provide change of status messages. Devices that are one of the 128 variables are polled at the default every two seconds and change of value is determined by the plugin. HS is informed by change of value by the plugin with a ValueChangeEvent callback to HS. There is also logic in the ADIOcelot that is not in the HS Ocelot that tracks the Value the Status to allow either to be used and they will be consistent. The Status is updated by the plugin with SetDeviceStatus call to HS.

Comment

Okay, I checked again after I got home and I am able to see the behaviour now, with 2.1.28 and with 2.1.38. I wasn't seeing it before because I have everything setup to work by changing value rather than status. The variable value and the device value are getting out of sync with one another.

If I use the on/off button on the HS status screen or use hs.execx10 in a script and turn the variable ON then the variable is changed to a 1, status is ON but the devicevalue is not updated. The same holds true for OFF- the variable is changed to a 0 but the devicevalue is not updated. Before running the test script I set a variable to 99.

4/18/2006 9:36:29 PM Info Running script in background: test-var.vbs
              4/18/2006 9:36:29 PM debug sending execx10 on
              4/18/2006 9:36:35 PM debug DeviceStatus is 2
              4/18/2006 9:36:35 PM debug DeviceValue is 99
              4/18/2006 9:36:35 PM debug GetVar is 1
              4/18/2006 9:36:35 PM debug sending execx10 off
              4/18/2006 9:36:41 PM debug DeviceStatus is 3
              4/18/2006 9:36:41 PM debug DeviceValue is 99
              4/18/2006 9:36:41 PM debug GetVar is 0

Reveiwing ocelot.log that covers the script I see the variable value change from 99 to 1 to 0.

Now, is this something within the plugin or is it HS? If there is any testing that you would like run let me know or if we need to file a help ticket.

jim

Comment

Originally posted by jsteed
                Okay, I checked again after I got home and I am able to see the behaviour now, with 2.1.28 and with 2.1.38. I wasn't seeing it before because I have everything setup to work by changing value rather than status. The variable value and the device value are getting out of sync with one another.

If I use the on/off button on the HS status screen or use hs.execx10 in a script and turn the variable ON then the variable is changed to a 1, status is ON but the devicevalue is not updated. The same holds true for OFF- the variable is changed to a 0 but the devicevalue is not updated. Before running the test script I set a variable to 99.

4/18/2006 9:36:29 PM Info Running script in background: test-var.vbs
                4/18/2006 9:36:29 PM debug sending execx10 on
                4/18/2006 9:36:35 PM debug DeviceStatus is 2
                4/18/2006 9:36:35 PM debug DeviceValue is 99
                4/18/2006 9:36:35 PM debug GetVar is 1
                4/18/2006 9:36:35 PM debug sending execx10 off
                4/18/2006 9:36:41 PM debug DeviceStatus is 3
                4/18/2006 9:36:41 PM debug DeviceValue is 99
                4/18/2006 9:36:41 PM debug GetVar is 0

Reveiwing ocelot.log that covers the script I see the variable value change from 99 to 1 to 0.

Now, is this something within the plugin or is it HS? If there is any testing that you would like run let me know or if we need to file a help ticket.

jim
                I filed a helpdesk ticket and Rich H. finally got back to me. He was not able to reproduce this problem. I will point him to your post as i think it may better describe what is happening.
                Dick

Comment

With this information I'll some more testing and see if I can re-create the issue.
                  website | buy now | support | youtube

Comment

The logic employed by ADIOcelot is to send a variable ON/OFF (1/0) to the ocelot in the SetIO call by HS. If the ocelot accepted the command it will change the variable value on the next polling cycle. The change in value for the variable will result in a callback to HS's ValueChangeEvent during the polling cycle.

If HS sends a Setio ON/2 or OFF/3 command for a variable the plugin will convert it to IO/19 and set the brigtness parameter to 1/0 and then deliver it to the ocelot. I think this corresponds to ExecX10 from a script.

If HS sends a Setio IO/19 command then it passes it to the Ocelot. I think this corresponds to SetDeviceValue from a script.

In the case of the IO points (not variables) ADIOcelot uses the SetDeviceStatus and ValueChangeEvent any time the Ocelot delivers an event that indicates that the point has changed state.

Comment

Working...
                    X