Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ADIOcelot plugin won't load

What happened:
    - In response to a helpdesk request Rich H. gave me a test version of 2.1.43 to try and correct a problem I'd been having with COM port communications bombing after a period of time. My TEMP05 script had been crashing it. That seemed to fix the problem as I had no COM port problems for 2 days (a record).
    - At that point I had to restart Homeseer and when it came up I had the following errors in the log:

4/26/2006 8:51:22 PM ~!~Error~!~Unable to initialize HomeSeer 1.x compatibility interface: Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID {4B3C1F4A-4B61-4897-B13F-5DF3D40C7954} failed due to the following error: 800700c1.
    4/26/2006 8:51:22 PM ~!~Startup~!~Checking for available plug-ins
    4/26/2006 8:51:22 PM ~!~Error~!~Cannot access plug-in (may need to be re-installed): HSPI_ACRF.HSPI -> Object variable or With block variable not set.
    4/26/2006 8:51:22 PM ~!~Error~!~Cannot access plug-in (may need to be re-installed): HSPI_ADIOCELOT.HSPI -> Object variable or With block variable not set.
    4/26/2006 8:51:22 PM ~!~Info~!~Found plug-in: X10 CM11A/CM12U, version: 1.0.2.0
    4/26/2006 8:51:22 PM ~!~Error~!~Cannot access plug-in (may need to be re-installed): HSPI_MESSAGE_SERVER.HSPI -> Object variable or With block variable not set.
    4/26/2006 8:51:22 PM ~!~Error~!~Cannot access plug-in (may need to be re-installed): HSPI_POWERLINCUSB.HSPI -> Object variable or With block variable not set.
    4/26/2006 8:51:22 PM ~!~Error~!~Cannot access plug-in (may need to be re-installed): HSPI_TI103.HSPI -> Object variable or With block variable not set.
    4/26/2006 8:51:22 PM ~!~Info~!~Found plug-in: UPS Monitor, version: 1.0.14.0
    4/26/2006 8:51:27 PM ~!~Startup~!~Restoring device status
    4/26/2006 8:51:27 PM ~!~Startup~!~Initializing Plug-Ins
    4/26/2006 8:51:27 PM ~!~Info~!~Initializing X10 Plug-in: ACT TI103 On COM Port 3
    4/26/2006 8:51:27 PM ~!~Error~!~Unable to initialize X-10 interface ACT TI103 :Either no license or trial has expired

None of my plugins would load.
    - I did a 2.0.2041 'repair'. That eliminated the first error message about the CLSID.......
    - My *.ocx and *.dll plugins would then load.
    - ADIOcelot (and Message Server, both *.exe plugins) will not load. I tried re-installing those plugins and still get the following error messages at startup:

4/26/2006 10:36:33 PM ~!~Info~!~Registering hspi_ADIOcelot.exe with Windows
    4/26/2006 10:36:35 PM ~!~Error~!~Unable to access plugin: hspi_ADIOcelot.exe, try reinstalling plug-in
    4/26/2006 10:36:35 PM ~!~Info~!~Registering hspi_Message_Server.exe with Windows
    4/26/2006 10:36:37 PM ~!~Error~!~Unable to access plugin: hspi_Message_Server.exe, try reinstalling plug-in
    4/26/2006 10:36:37 PM ~!~Info~!~Registering hspi_powerlincusb.exe with Windows
    4/26/2006 10:36:39 PM ~!~Error~!~Unable to access plugin: hspi_powerlincusb.exe, try reinstalling plug-in

Every time I update Homeseer (I'm at 2.1.46 and tried the debug version 2.1.49 that's out there) I get back to the original state with the full set of error messages beginning with the CLSID one. I found I didn't need to do the whole 2.0.2041 'repair'. All that seems to be missing is a registry key (which the updates remove and the 2.0.2041 repair puts back) Under the CLSID {4B3C1F4A-4B61-4897-B13F-5DF3D40C7954} is a 'LocalServer32' subkey with a reference to hs_compatibility.exe and a second one:
    LocalServer32 REG_MULTI_SZ ]%{`F7YlR=QHXnA4a5I`NewFeature1>jeFqkx.RQA4$df^eda.w

If I manually create this 'LocalServer32' subkey and enter the value all is OK except none of the *.exe plugins will load.

HS staff has not gotten back to me for 2 1/2 days.
    Has anyone got any ideas what might be going on here and how to fix it?
    Dick
    HS PRO 2.5.0.81, WinXP, IE8, Shuttle XS35V3, 2.13GHz, 4GB, 40GB SSD drive, AC-RF2, ADIOcelot, Message Server, TI103, SNEVL CID, pjcOutlook, MCSTemperature, Powertrigger, BLBackup, BLFloorplan, BLIcon, BLOccupied, BLRadar, BLRfid, BLLogMonitor, ACPUPSD, UltraECM, WeatherXML & Stipus' script connector. 500+ devices, 260+ events, 1-wire weather station + temp/humidity sensors & Oregon Scientific temp & humidity sensors & 2 Brultech ECM-1240s

This almost sounds like something has corrupted your registry. Have you checked for any adware or viruses lately? If your running XP I would suggest a system restore prior to all of this happening.
    -Rupp
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp
      This almost sounds like something has corrupted your registry. Have you checked for any adware or viruses lately? If your running XP I would suggest a system restore prior to all of this happening.
      My regular full virus scan ran over night, found nothing. Adware checks reveal nothing either. This is a newly built, dedicated HS machine. I don't have an XP Pro disk. The PC came with it install and a COA, but no disk.
      Dick
      HS PRO 2.5.0.81, WinXP, IE8, Shuttle XS35V3, 2.13GHz, 4GB, 40GB SSD drive, AC-RF2, ADIOcelot, Message Server, TI103, SNEVL CID, pjcOutlook, MCSTemperature, Powertrigger, BLBackup, BLFloorplan, BLIcon, BLOccupied, BLRadar, BLRfid, BLLogMonitor, ACPUPSD, UltraECM, WeatherXML & Stipus' script connector. 500+ devices, 260+ events, 1-wire weather station + temp/humidity sensors & Oregon Scientific temp & humidity sensors & 2 Brultech ECM-1240s

Comment

Then I would try the system restore.
        -Rupp
        sigpic

Comment

Tried a system restore back to the day before I installed the 2.1.43 test version. System was running fine then.
          That made no difference.
          I got the CLSID error on restart. Had to 'repair' HS to get to where everything EXCEPT any *.exe plugins (ADIOcelot and Message Server) would work. Everything works fine except any *.exe plugins.
          Dick

Comment

Dick,
            Can you try backing up your entire HS2 directory and then renaming the directory to a different name. Then reinstall the release version of HS 2.0.2041. Then try one of the exe plugins. You will more than likely loose your license keys through all of this but this will prove if it's configuration or a system problem.
            -Rupp
            sigpic

Comment

Dick,
              Can you try backing up your entire HS2 directory and then renaming the directory to a different name. Then reinstall the release version of HS 2.0.2041. Then try one of the exe plugins. You will more than likely loose your license keys through all of this but this will prove if it's configuration or a system problem.
              OK, Tried that. Moved Homeseer 2 directory out of Program Files tree. Installed 2.0.2041. Downloaded the 4 plugins I use. They all installed OK according to the log. Got same error message about ADIOcelot and Message Server plugins:

Unable to access plugin: hspi_ADIOcelot.exe, try reinstalling plug-in

What next?
              Dick

Comment

Dick,
                I'm all out of ideas. How in the world did all of this start? My next suggestion would be to reinstall XP.
                -Rupp
                sigpic

Comment

Dick,
                  I'm all out of ideas. How in the world did all of this start? My next suggestion would be to reinstall XP.
                  Thank Goodness I won't have to.....

I just tried the 2.1.49 debug version because I was having trouble with sending emails with a new event I had just set up. Well after that update installed everything is working. Apparently either something was fixed with the system restore or with the complete re-install of 2.0.2041 or I just got lucky.

Anyway, all is working now except I can't send emails. I'll take a look at that after supper.
                  Dick

Comment

Excellent.
                    -Rupp
                    sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    X