Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can't Set Ocelot Variables

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Can't Set Ocelot Variables

    Well I finally bit the bullet and upgraded to HS 2.0 from HS 1.7. Things seem to be working pretty well except for not being able to update variables on the ocelot from HomeSeer. I used a script under 1.7 that did a hs.SetDeviceValue varName,1 where varName is "\8" or similar. It always worked fine under 1.7 but not under 2.0
    I have tried removing and recreating the variables, but it didn't help. I know I'm communicating with the ocelot because my temp and humidity devices in HS are being updated from bobcats connected to the ocelot. I looked at the comm log, but I couldn't see anything that helped.
    I am using HS 2.0.2041.0 and ADIOcelot 1.13.0.5

    Any help would be much appreciated.

    Thanks,
    Kirby

  • #2
    Originally posted by Kirby
    Well I finally bit the bullet and upgraded to HS 2.0 from HS 1.7. Things seem to be working pretty well except for not being able to update variables on the ocelot from HomeSeer. I used a script under 1.7 that did a hs.SetDeviceValue varName,1 where varName is "\8" or similar. It always worked fine under 1.7 but not under 2.0
    I have tried removing and recreating the variables, but it didn't help. I know I'm communicating with the ocelot because my temp and humidity devices in HS are being updated from bobcats connected to the ocelot. I looked at the comm log, but I couldn't see anything that helped.
    I am using HS 2.0.2041.0 and ADIOcelot 1.13.0.5

    Any help would be much appreciated.

    Thanks,
    Kirby
    Have you checked to see if they are getting updated, but just not showing it on the HS devices screens. I have a helpdesk ticket in right now for that. I can change an ocelot variable from within Homeseer and it doesn't appear to have gotten changed, but if I run the ADIOcelot setup and use CMax to check, the variable in the ocelot did get changed, it's just not being reflected back to Homeseer. You may want to put in a helpdesk ticket also. Maybe that would get the priority bumped up.
    Dick
    HS PRO 2.5.0.81, WinXP, IE8, Shuttle XS35V3, 2.13GHz, 4GB, 40GB SSD drive, AC-RF2, ADIOcelot, Message Server, TI103, SNEVL CID, pjcOutlook, MCSTemperature, Powertrigger, BLBackup, BLFloorplan, BLIcon, BLOccupied, BLRadar, BLRfid, BLLogMonitor, ACPUPSD, UltraECM, WeatherXML & Stipus' script connector. 500+ devices, 260+ events, 1-wire weather station + temp/humidity sensors & Oregon Scientific temp & humidity sensors & 2 Brultech ECM-1240s

    Comment


    • #3
      Hi Dick,
      I'm confident that the variable is not being changed. When the variable is changed to 1 it causes the ocelot to raise a storm shutter. When it is changed to 2 the storm shutter is lowered. The storm shutters work fine if the variable is changed by sending an X10 command or pressing a toggle button attached to a SECU16.
      When the ocelot sees that the variable is changed it sets starts the operation and returns the variable back to 0 so its difficult to trace the variable since it is only set for a short period of time.

      Kirby

      Comment


      • #4
        I'm running HS 2.1.46 and 1.13.0.2 of Adiocelot. Setdevicevalue is working here. One thing to check is that you have the interface name toggled over to "Adiocelot" rather than "Applied Digital Ocelot" on the general tab of Adiocelot setup.
        jim

        Comment


        • #5
          Thanks, Jim.
          I never noticed those interface radio buttons before. That fixed the problem.

          Kirby

          Comment

          Working...
          X