Where to start with IR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to start with IR

ok, I figured out how to get my IR wired and I got the Ocelot installed in Homeseer and HS recognizing it. Where can I find information about using the IR functionality of Ocelot with HomeSeer.

There's a document in the folder C:\Program Files\HomeSeer 2\docs that explains how to use the plugin.
    -Rupp
    sigpic

Comment

I only see the readme_ocelot.txt file, which is the changelog.

Comment

Did you load the ADIOcelot or the Ocelot plugin?
        -Rupp
        sigpic

Comment

I installed the Ocelot plugin using the Homeseer updater. I did not install any software from the Ocelet Cd that came with it.

Comment

OK. There are 2 Ocelot plugins and the HomeSeer plugin is lacking the documentation. It's really easy though. You simply click on the IR Signals link on the web interface and key in a device name and IR signal name and click learn and point the remote at the Ocelot and start learning your codes.
            -Rupp
            sigpic

Comment

Is one plugin preferable over the other?

Are there files of codes that can be loaded, or do I need to learn all of them?

What are the variables used for? The ones that I was asked if I'd like to create?

Can I download the documenation somewhere?

Comment

If you download the other Ocelot plugin (The one that this forum is for) you will get a really good document that explains all of this. The ADIOcelot has more options available. The variables are if you have some of the add on modules to the Ocelot for contact closure like the ADICON Secu-16.

My opinion is if you are only going to use one zone of IR and none of the add on Ocelot modules then use the more simple Ocelot plugin. If you are going to use add on modules the go with the ADIOcelot.
                -Rupp
                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                X