SendIR with spaces.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SendIR with spaces.

I had a helpdesk ticket in with HS reguarding the hs.SendIR command not handeling command names with spaces. They said to contact you.

Working:
    hs.SendIR("projector,on")

Not working:
    hs.SendIR("projector,arrow up")

I remove the spaces, and SendIR works fine, I'd like the spaces to be there though.

Thanks.
    Joe (zimmer62)

BLSecurtiy, AC-RF2, RCS Serial Thermostats, RFXCOM SMarthome SwitchLinc, mcsXap, Global Cache GC100, SqueezeBox, TWA_ONKYOINTEGRA, BLLogMonitor, BLPlugins, BLRadar, BLSpeech, BLZLog.aspx, HSTouch (Windows, iPhone, iPod), USB Mimo touchscreens, VMWare Server, Vortexbox, Windows Home Server, MyMovies, Windows Media Center, X10, ZWave, and much much much more.

maybe try a 20h?

I ended up needing to do that for some webstuff (I know they are NOT related, but hey, maybe there's a leading charactor you need to add?).

webstuff %20

in scripting world. I've tried to just create a variable with the space...seems to work for most of my scripts.

I think it has to do with how HS seems to parse things out. Certain cases it goofs...

so:
    hs.SendIR("projector,arrow up")

becomes

dim space as String
    space = " "
    hs.SendIR("projector,arrow" & space & "up")

It's a guess...

--Dan
    Tasker, to a person who does Homeautomation...is like walking up to a Crack Treatment facility with a truck full of 3lb bags of crack. Then for each person that walks in and out smack them in the face with an open bag.

Comment

Personally, I'd just use underscores. To each his own, though.

Comment

I see what your saying, and I can give it a shot, I just know that the HS guys told me to contact the plugin author since the problem was not on HST's side.

I wouldn't have much of a problem with this, except I've actually got a program generating the homeseer ir configuration files, and the lir file that gets uploaded to the ocelot. I'd really like to have that work as a give and go concept without needing to remove the spaces from my commands. Sure makes it easy if I need to add or remove commands from the ocelot.
        Joe (zimmer62)

BLSecurtiy, AC-RF2, RCS Serial Thermostats, RFXCOM SMarthome SwitchLinc, mcsXap, Global Cache GC100, SqueezeBox, TWA_ONKYOINTEGRA, BLLogMonitor, BLPlugins, BLRadar, BLSpeech, BLZLog.aspx, HSTouch (Windows, iPhone, iPod), USB Mimo touchscreens, VMWare Server, Vortexbox, Windows Home Server, MyMovies, Windows Media Center, X10, ZWave, and much much much more.

Comment

That makes sense. Crossing my fingers for you.

Comment

Once I figure out how to read the ir codes out of pronto .ccf files, I'll have to show off this program I'm talking about.

Here's how I see it working.

find or learn .lir files for your remotes.
            and or find or learn pronto .ccf files for your remotes.

import those files.

pick which commands you want when generating a new .lir file. Also create the homeseer ir config files to match the exported ir commands.

A big maybe to the idea to create a script with an object for each remote, with the given commands for this remote (this would assist in using intellisense when scripting)

So if spaces are in the orig .lir or .ccf files, I'd like to keep them there.. I can get rid of them, but I shouldn't have to
            Joe (zimmer62)

Comment

The SDK interface between HS and a plugin for IR is for HS to deliver a number (e.g. 1...1024) to the plugin that represents one of the IR locations supported by the hardware. The plugin then manages the hardware to cause that location to be delivered. The plugin does not see names such as "arrow up". These names are managed within HS as IR is learned and locations are named.

I suspect that HST just saw ADIOcelot in the ticket so they deferred it back to you. If there is something that I need to do within the plugin I will work with HST, but I do not see anything based upon the SDK or code that directly applies to managing IR names.

Comment

Not a problem, I reopened the ticket with homeseer. I'll let you know what they determine.

Thanks!
                Joe (zimmer62)

Comment

Working...
                X