Lame question concerning Ocelot discovery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lame question concerning Ocelot discovery

Frustrated here... I got tired of all the wall warts servicing my various units (ocelot, secu16i, secu16, Bobcat light sensor) so I got a 1 amp wall wart and rewired everything. I have power and commA and commB going to four connection blocks and ran everything from there with 16gauge wire. Now I can't communicate with anything but my Ocelot. I have tried auto addressing by pushing the button on the various units, and the comm light blinks about 2 times a second. I'm assuming that everything is in auto address. I did this one at a time.

Gone over the manual several times, but I must be missing something. I have double checked my wiring (many times) and even
    run new wire, but I can't see the slave modules.

Can someone hit me over the head with possible solutions?

Don

Try reducing the wiring to the ocelot and one module - wire straight between them if needed. When that works add the next. For reference, my comm lights are a very fast flicker. The wiring is supposed to be a daisy chain from one module to the next but there is latitude in that since the ocelot comm rate is relatively slow..

I don't think pressing the address button on the module will do anything unless you were running Cmax and had started the auto-address function. Once you start the auto-address in Cmax then the Oclelot tells all modules to forget it's number. It then asks for a new address from the ocleot when it's button is pressed.

jim

Comment

Thanks for the response. Went on ADI's web site and saw that some people were having lighting problems. Exactly what happened here. Comm blinking is really slow. I think I'll try replacing the chip suggested and see what happens.
      Don

Comment

Working...
      X