ADIOcelot and X10?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ADIOcelot and X10?

Is anyone using their Ocelot and this plug-in for X10?

I've been having some problems with my TI103 (a subject for another thread), so I thought I would fall back to my Ocelot. I plugged in the PSC05 and made the change on the setup page, and when I hit "save" it shut down the TI103 as expected but had the following error message when starting up the ADIOcelot plug-in:

Ocelot Plug-in Error, Timeout looking for CPU-XA/Ocelot 0
    Ocelot Plug-in Error, Timeout looking for CPU-XA/Ocelot 0

Everything else seemed to work OK, but any X10 commands went nowhere. I can switch to CMAX and do X10 commands there, and they work fine. So I know the PSC05 and Ocelot X10 stuff are working OK.

I'm suspicious that no one else uses it for X10.... Anyone?

Steve

Steve,
    I've used for quite awhile now for x10 through the ocelot. There are two places to set the comport. On the Adiocelot config screen and also on HS's Setup - Interfaces screen. Make sure that they are the same.

jim

Comment

Jim,

Thanks for the reply. Both settings are set to COM port 6. The IR, variables, and SECU-16 have been working fine for years. It wasn't until I tried to add the X10 that things went badly.

I know I used the X10 interface in the old HS1.7 days, but I haven't tried since upgrading to HS2 last year.

I wonder if I can switch somewhat transparently to the HST version of the plug-in. I know it doesn't provide all of the same features, but maybe I can at least get my X10 working well. Has anyone switched back and forth between the two Ocelot plug-ins?

Steve

Comment

I assume that you did restart after changing the config?

Make sure that you have a current backup! I seem to remember doing that awhile ago to check if some operation was the same between them on something. It seems like it worked and then for some reason (maybe I started both at once) I had a total meltdown. To carry over devices you will have to at least change the interface name between the two.

jim

Comment

I'm having ADIOcelot/X-10 woes also....

I, too, am having ADIOcelot/Ocelot/X-10 troubles. It works great for my digital inputs and I can do X-10 via CMAX/PSC-05 but I can't get it working from HomeSeer.
          When I enable X-10 for ADIOCelot and click Save, it saves (I assume) but when I then click Config in the X-10 column, it just refreshes the HomeSeer page - no config screen (but the log does show something like "calling configio for...).

Is there an X-10 config screen that is different from the one displayed by clicking Config in the "Other" column?

Are there any other tests I can do or logs to look at?
          My entire house is Insteon and I just want to control one single X-10 device - and it's some Christmas lights so I'm running out of time!!

Could this be the same trouble that stevea is having?
          Last edited by HacksawHA; December 18, 2007, 10:06 PM. Reason: added more info

Comment

Originally posted by HacksawHA View Post
            I, too, am having ADIOcelot/Ocelot/X-10 troubles. It works great for my digital inputs and I can do X-10 via CMAX/PSC-05 but I can't get it working from HomeSeer.
            When I enable X-10 for ADIOCelot and click Save, it saves (I assume) but when I then click Config in the X-10 column, it just refreshes the HomeSeer page - no config screen (but the log does show something like "calling configio for...).

Is there an X-10 config screen that is different from the one displayed by clicking Config in the "Other" column?

Are there any other tests I can do or logs to look at?
            My entire house is Insteon and I just want to control one single X-10 device - and it's some Christmas lights so I'm running out of time!!

Could this be the same trouble that stevea is having?
            Are you selecting the config while on the HomeSeer server?
            -Rupp
            sigpic

Comment

Hi Rupp:
              Selecting config while on the server? sort of... I usually work on this stuff by VNC-ing into the server from my laptop because the server's monitor is a 15" touchscreen in the wall. When I'm VNC'd into the server, I basically have a copy of the keyboard, mouse and screen of the server. What I see on my laptop is a copy of what's on the server screen (in fact I can see the wall screen from where I sit with my laptop). So I'll say yes because I think you're trying to rule out me doing this on a remote machine via a browser instead of the server machine where support applications can be run and show up on the server's monitor.

Comment

Then look behind the web interface for a VB app interface. These older plugin config pages go behind the web app pages.
                -Rupp
                sigpic

Comment

Config screen hidden?

I looked many times for the infamous hidden config screen (I sometimes have to hunt down the ACRF config screen this way). It's not there. I think I'll just get me a CM11a or a TI103 and do it that way. Of course stevea having TI103 problems is what started this thread.
                  stevea: have you had any luck getting yours to work? Did you try switching to the HST plug-in to see if that worked? I think we're having the same problem.

Comment

No, I didn't ever get it to work. I'm certain there is a problem, probably with the timing in the plug-in, but I think this plug-in has fallen into the "legacy" category and won't ever get much attention from this point out. I'm pretty sure Michael has said that clearly, and I don't know what HST has planned for future .NET support of the Ocelot.

I bought a new TI103 and did some swapping of COM ports and eventually got it working.

Steve

Comment

Working...
                    X