Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help for the confused...

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Help for the confused...

    OK. Finally got most of my modules into CMax and Homeseer. I have a SECU16 and I am using the relays to control a sprinkler system. I can open and close the relays in CMax but not in Homeseer.

    Homeseer sees these output points as relays and the device window has on and off buttons associated with the relays. I can turn a relay on and it will show the relay on until the window refreshes, and then it shows off. In fact the relay never opens. Do I have to do something in the setup that I have missed?

    Also CMax can see my Light Bobcat, but it doesn't show up in Homeseer. What did I miss here?

    Thanks;

    Don

    Oh; forgot to mention that I am using ADIOcelot.
    Don

  • #2
    The bobcat data doesn't automaticallly come into HS. Look in the Docs folder under Homeseer - there should be a Adiocelot_Reame.doc. This will cover how to get the bobcat data in HS.

    I'll try to check later if relays are working for me (I use them but through Cmax).
    jim

    Comment


    • #3
      Thanks Jim:

      Finally figured out the variable thing. Still working on the relays....
      Don

      Comment


      • #4
        The relay should work with SetDeviceValue (0/1), ExecX10(off/on), from the HS UI, or setpoint if you define an object to get to cpuxa.

        Comment


        • #5
          Yes, I just finished testing here and Michael is correct. It also works via device actions thorugh events. SetDeviceStatus doesn't work (and I can't remember why but I think that is expected behavior).
          jim

          Comment


          • #6
            Thanks. I just assumed that the on and off buttons would work. Will try an event.
            Don

            Comment


            • #7
              Yes, the ON/OFF buttons on the status screen do work. I tried the on/off (HS UI), event action on devices and scripting using setdevicevalue and execx10 and they work.
              jim

              Comment


              • #8
                I've tried SetDeviceValue and ExecX10. Neither activate the relay. Is it possible that the house code '(' is a problem?

                Thanks;

                Don
                Don

                Comment


                • #9
                  That house code should not be a problem.

                  A common problem is the name of the plugin needs to be ADIOcelot and not Applied Digital Ocelot. If forget the specifics, but I think that is an option on the ADIOcelot setup. If after making this change (if necessary) and still have problems then enable the plugins debug and command from the HS UI and post the segment of the log for this action.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Thanks Michael;

                    The name change did it.... weird.
                    Don

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      With HS1 the interface name did not matter, but with HS2 outputs were restricted to plugins that have the same name as the .interface property of the device.

                      ADIOcelot was desiged to be interchangable with HST Ocelot plugin so it used the same .interface property name as the HST plugin. When HS2 arrived the direct compatibilty was lost so an path was provided in the ADIOcelot to allow a user to go between the two plugins without needing to resetup for each plugin.

                      Of course with flexibilty comes complexity and greater opportunity for the user to not know the configuration that they need for their configuration.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Hey! I resemble that remark!

                        Thanks again.
                        Don

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X