Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Creating Devices - this may help

ADIOcelot users

I have had all of the issues reported here in this forum when trying to get this plugin to work. I found if you read the doc thoroughly and take your time it will function. I had it working fine and pulling variables 80 - 82 into HS every 60 seconds. Until..........I shutdown HS to do HD backup.

On restart I got the warning device types don't match and they were changed to Interface Variable.1 (originally Interface Variable) in the log. From there it went down hill.

Everytime I would click the general/variable tab I was always presented with a new set of selected items. I wanted 80, 81 and 82, sometimes it was 17,18,19 or others it was 0,1,80,81,82 and the identifier changed from #,$,% and [. It changed so often that I can't pin point the cause.

I also noted under the check boxes the House Code=% would change, sometimes it would be =_ or =$, all this changing as I tried to figure out what the hec was going on.

In HS, in the setup/device types tab, I had Interface Variable and Interface Variable.1. I made sure all check boxes were clear in each device. I can now perform a HS shutdown and restart and all performs well.

Hope this helps someone.

Randy

Thanks for posting this. It always helps to have someone post their experience and how they resolved it.
    James

Running HS 3 on Win10 .

Comment

Not So Fast

Well, it did work.

I had to do a restart (AV updates) and when HS was restarted my variables were now %0, %17, %18 and %19. They were $80, $81 and $82 and when ADIOcelot setup was checked, 7, 8 and 9 were checked marked.

So I deleted the devices in HS, cleared the check marks in setup, rechecked 80, 81 and 82 (at least what I think are those values) and updated.

Now back to functioning but really do not know what is going on.

R

Comment

Working...
      X