Best way to learn IR commands???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best way to learn IR commands???

I was wondering what your experience with learning IR commands is and also with their labeling.
    Do you learn everything in HS and transfer into Ocelot or do you learn everything in C-Max and then transfer to HS?
    Also - how those transfers work for you? Do all the labels transfer as well?

Thanks.
    Marty
    A Person is Smart. People are Dumb, Panicky Dangerous Animals.
    1,500 years ago, everybody knew that the Earth was the center of the universe.
    500 years ago, everybody knew that the Earth was flat.
    15 minutes ago, you knew that humans were alone on this planet.
    Imagine what you’ll know tomorrow.
    TLJ in MIB

I learn all of my command in HomeSeer and they have always worked just fine.
    -Rupp
    sigpic

Comment

Rupp,
      How did I know you would be the first to respond??? LOL
      Thanks for the input. Only one annoying thing in HS learning is that you really don't know if the command was learned or not. The color buttons (learned) don't work and there is no other visible confirmation.
      Do your labels show in the .lir file?

Marty
      TLJ in MIB

Comment

Well, I just tried to learn a few commands in HS and then backup the file from Ocelot into .lir file and it look like the labels didn't survive.
        Did I do anything wrong?
        All commands are working from either device (HS, Ocelot, SECU16IR), just the labels are scrambled.

Marty
        Attached Files
        TLJ in MIB

Comment

ADIOcelot maintains the IR Labels in \Config\irlbl.cfg. If I recall it synchronizes these labels with the system file created by CMAX when the synchronization is requested from the plugin form. I do not know if HS2 continues to use the irlbl.cfg file for this purpose. It seems to me that I had enquired about this but never got a response. If HS2 did change how it manages IR labels then you likely will not be able to use ADIOcelot for integrated IR managment. I no longer have ocelot connected to HS so verification of this hypothesis will need to be made by someone who uses this configuration. Of course you can still use the capabiltiy contained within HS to manage labels or the capability within CMAX, but you may not be able to synchronize the two automatically.

Comment

Hello Mike,
            Thanks for the fast response. I did some searching and it seems that the new HS (not sure from which version) is using "IR-Labels.ini" now (instead the irlbl.cfg) with following structure:
            "0,Onkyo_HT-R320,Onkyo_HT-R320,Power_OFF,Power_OFF"
            "1,Onkyo_HT-R320,Onkyo_HT-R320,Power_ON,Power_ON"
            "2,Onkyo_HT-R320,Onkyo_HT-R320,TV_input,TV_input"
            "3,Onkyo_HT-R320,Onkyo_HT-R320,DVD_input,DVD_input"
            "4,Onkyo_HT-R320,Onkyo_HT-R320,VIDEO_1_input,VIDEO_1_input"
            "5,Onkyo_HT-R320,Onkyo_HT-R320,VIDEO_2_input,VIDEO_2_input"
            "6,Onkyo_HT-R320,Onkyo_HT-R320,VIDEO_3_input,VIDEO_3_input"

Any chance that you could try to make a version that would use this new file? I'd gladly tested for you!

Thanks again
            Marty
            TLJ in MIB

Comment

The irlbl.cfg file is a file of what I think is 1024 lines and on each line will be the label of the corresponding IR location. What you are showing is a file that contains 4 pieces of information associated with what looks like the IR location. Since sync with CMAX will only have Device and Button all that can be done is replicate this information as you have shown. If there are cases where the information is not identical then the syncronization will fall apart. I suspect this new format is geared to handle discrete button such as OFF and ON and maintain the IR state internally within HS. What is your assessment of the new format's potential additional information?

Comment

Working...
              X