Can't Control Relays

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't Control Relays

Running HS 2.4.0.11 on Win XP not as a service.

I can't control my relays in my SECU16 from HS. I can control them from CMAX. I was running ADIOcelot 1.14.3, tried 1.14.10 with same results. Restarting HS and rebooting the Ocelot didn't help. I've attached log snippets from Ocelot.log and HS.log. If I click "on" from HS and do a refresh it is right back to Off and the relay never gets turned on. I have the interface name set to ADIOcelot in the ADIOcelot config. From ADIOcelot - Config - I/O Devices tab I've click "Create and Delete I/O Point Devices, that didn't help.
    Attached Files

Deleting the device and re-creating it from the ADIOcelot setup menu got it working.

Jabran

Comment

I'm having the same problem, except that deleting, recreating from the setup isn't helping. can you go into a little more detail as to the process that resolved this for you?
      Plugins:
      BLLogMonitor, BLGarbage, BLBackup, BLOutGoingCalls, BLUps, BLRfid, JvEss, DooMotion, Applied Digital Ocelot, AC RF Processor, UltraMon, PJC AVR 430, UPB, Rain8net, DSC Panel, JRiver Media center, Windows Media Player, SageMediaCenter, SnevlCID, MCSTemperature.

Comment

I had similiar problems, the relays wouldn't work. Drove me crazy. Finally I did what was suggested, delete all the devices from the SECU16, and have the plugin recreate them.
        Don

Comment

Originally posted by donstephens View Post
          I had similiar problems, the relays wouldn't work. Drove me crazy. Finally I did what was suggested, delete all the devices from the SECU16, and have the plugin recreate them.
          When you say "delete the devices from the SECU16" do you mean from the status page? That's how I've deleted them several times, and it doesn't work. Do you need to re-address the unit? Do you need to reboot anywhere in there with the deleting/re-adding? Do you need to do anything in CMAX?

Thanks,

Ian
          Plugins:
          BLLogMonitor, BLGarbage, BLBackup, BLOutGoingCalls, BLUps, BLRfid, JvEss, DooMotion, Applied Digital Ocelot, AC RF Processor, UltraMon, PJC AVR 430, UPB, Rain8net, DSC Panel, JRiver Media center, Windows Media Player, SageMediaCenter, SnevlCID, MCSTemperature.

Comment

Deleting the device and re-creating it from the ADIOcelot setup menu got it working.
            From jabran above

Comment

What Michael said.

I deleted all devices in the device page, (all the SECU16 devices), and then went to the setup page, and brought up the config page for the Ocelot and had it recreate the devices.

Originally posted by completelyhis View Post
              When you say "delete the devices from the SECU16" do you mean from the status page? That's how I've deleted them several times, and it doesn't work. Do you need to re-address the unit? Do you need to reboot anywhere in there with the deleting/re-adding? Do you need to do anything in CMAX?

Thanks,

Ian
              Don

Comment

That's what I did, at least 7 times. no luck. Tomorrow I'll reconfirm that i'm able to control the relays with CMAX.
                Plugins:

Comment

I feel for you. I went crazy with this. Hope you get it sorted out.

Originally posted by completelyhis View Post
                  That's what I did, at least 7 times. no luck. Tomorrow I'll reconfirm that i'm able to control the relays with CMAX.
                  Don

Comment

The other common problem is that the Interface name option within ADIOcelot is set to ADIOcelot and not Applied Digital Ocelot. The option exists to support easy transition between plugins during HS1 days, but HS2 requiers ADIOcelot to be used for this plugin.

Comment

I confirmed it is on adiOcelot. I also confirmed that Cmax can control it, sort of. It turned the relay on, but i couldn't get it to turn it off. I also noticed that when i loaded cmax it said i didn't have the newest something-or-other, so i told it to update it (firmware, i think).

I've tried deleting and recreating the devices countless times. can someone provide a screen shot of their plugin setup screen? I'm confused about all the variable checkboxes. Similarly, on the i/0 tab, with the checkboxes to the right (0-15, i think) i noticed that they all need to be checkmarked before i create devices if i want it to make them all - is that right?

Ian
                      Plugins:

Comment

Sorry, I can't help you with a screen shot, as I'm using HST plugin.

Interesting that you can turn on the relays but not off with CMax. That doesn't seem right. Do you have irrigation valves hooked up to it by any chance? If so check out the talk over at www.appdig.com concerning relays sticking on.

Hope you get it figured out.
                        Don

Comment

I'm not using it to control any sprinkler valves. I tried the HST plugin, it doesn't seem to control the relay either.
                          Plugins:

Comment

I am now having the same problem as the others in this thread; I can't control the relays with the HS devices created/managed by the ADIOcelot plug-in.

I believe it began when I updated HomeSeer2 to version 2.5.0.4, but I cannot be sure. I did that upgrade because the HSTouch plug-in wasn't working with the version of HS2 that I had.

So, I have the ADIOcelot plug-in, version 1.14.0.3, installed and even though HS2 has the devices to match my SECU16 and RELAY08 modules' I/O points, they will not control the relays.

I have tried everything I can think of over the past 3 days to make this work again. I have completely removed all of the devices and started over, at each step closing down HS2, rebooting the computer, etc. I've removed the house code from the HS2 .ini file. Tried everything mentioned in relevant threads.

I can control all of the relays with the C-MAX Control software directly, but not with the devices that the plug-in creates.

Where I am now....

1) I deleted all the HS2 devices related to the plug-in, and closed down HS2, rebooted the PC running HS2, and recycled power to my Ocelot, SECU16, and RELAY08.

2) I went into the "config" menu of the plug-in "General/Variables" tab and checked the boxes for the variables that I want in HS2, and hit "Update". This created the variables in HS2 just fine (they appear to have the correct values in them).

3) Here is a problem: when I go to the "I/O Devices" tab on the left side where is shows the "Units discovered", it lists my devices: "Unit 0 Ocelot/CPU-XA/Leopard", "Unit 1 SECU16", and "Unit 2 RELAY-08". On the right side of this tab, there is nothing under "IO". I cannot select the I/O points for which I want HS2 devices.

I think I will try the "Synchronize HS/CMAX" with the CMAX as the master. Hopefully that will restore all of the I/O devices. Then I can remove the ones I don't need. I have tried this before, so I expect that I will have the HS2 devices, but they will not control.

If that is the case, I think I will put a tap on the serial port from the HS2 PC to the Ocelot to see the difference between sending HS2 commands and using the CMAX software.

Oh, one last thing. When I created the variables (step 2 above), the following lines appears it the HS2 log:

1/2/2011 9:21:39 AM ~!~Warning~!~'status' property on device Ocelot Variable 2 was accessed - this property has been deprecated and should not be used.
                            1/2/2011 9:21:39 AM ~!~Warning~!~'status' property on device Ocelot Variable 3 was accessed - this property has been deprecated and should not be used.
                            1/2/2011 9:21:39 AM ~!~Warning~!~'status' property on device Ocelot Variable 120 was accessed - this property has been deprecated and should not be used.
                            1/2/2011 9:21:39 AM ~!~Warning~!~'status' property on device Ocelot Variable 121 was accessed - this property has been deprecated and should not be used.

Any help would sure be appreciated. I'll update with anything I find out.

Thanks in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by AZshooter View Post

I think I will try the "Synchronize HS/CMAX" with the CMAX as the master. Hopefully that will restore all of the I/O devices. Then I can remove the ones I don't need. I have tried this before, so I expect that I will have the HS2 devices, but they will not control.
                              I tried this, but it did not reveal the "IO" configuration in the plug-in.

Then I hit the "Create and Delete I/O Point Devices" button, even though there are no IO points to check/un-check. This ended up creating 2 HS2 devices; one fot the SECU16 and one for the RELAY08. The HS2 log shows the following errors:

1/2/2011 10:50:03 AM ~!~Warning~!~'status' property on device Secu16 Unit 1 Input 1 was accessed - this property has been deprecated and should not be used.
                              1/2/2011 10:50:04 AM ~!~Warning~!~'status' property on device Rly08 Unit 2 Relay Output 1 was accessed - this property has been deprecated and should not be used.

Going back into the plug-in config, all of the IO points are now available for selection. I selected the ones I need and hit the create button.

Going back into HS2 the devices now exist, but they do not work. Also, got the same error message in the log as above for each of these new devices.

Something of interest to note, when I turn on one of these new HS2 relay devices it shows "on" as the status. With an update to the status page, it then shows "off". Looking at the RELAY08, the relay light never even comes on. I also can confirm that the devices are "found" by the plug-in, each one is listed in the log, and that I can control the relays with the C-Max software.

I guess next I'll tap the comms.

Comment

Working...
                              X