Need Help in debuging ver 3.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need Help in debuging ver 3.0

I downloaded and entered the trail key, which expires on 2-1-03. My computer is a AMD 450 Win 2k Pro 392Meg of ram and is running HS and HSphone with out any problems. I do have Office 2000 installed also.

When I go in the plug in and select the MCS tem config area, eveything appears to be setup. when I click the Poll for devices it responding with Run-time error '8018': Operation valid only when port is open.

My concern is If I use Hyper-Term it reports that the port is already open and it can not connec to it.

I do have Midion's orignal script that generates a web page and that is getting updated on a regular basis.

What Am I missing, I would like to see this plug-in work prior to the trail period runing out. Any suggestions, comments or help would be great. My e-mail is in my profile

Chris,

You can't run both the Midon script and the plugin at the same time. Make sure you're not opening the com port in the startup.txt script.

Bill

Comment

I believe Bill nailed this one. Also don't forget to comment-out or remove the equivalent code in shutdown.txt.

When you make your selection for data collection method in the mcsTemperature plugin you should be using "Internal". You also have the option of using "Script", but I really do not want to support this legacy feature so it is likely an area for future pruning from the plugin.

You will also need to identify the number of Temperature sensors in the Device Parameters section of the setup page.

There are button on the lower right of the setup page to send the TEMP05 commands. These likely will work, but I'm not comfortable using them because the feedback from the TEMP05 is not visible at this time from the plugin. If you are running with the com1_event.txt script now, then you should not need to worry about these anyway.

Comment

I now have data being logged into the access database for both tem and forcast. Here is how my system is responding at this time.

1. When I run the either the temp install file or the forcast install file I get the following error message in my log file. A. Script error in file temperatureinstall.txt: 52 Bad file name or number in line 406. The following is my line 406 Set fso = CreateObject "Scripting.FileSystemObject") When I run the forcast install I get the following error message in my log script erro in file forcastinstal.txt :53 :file not found in line 238. This is my line 238 hsINI.Load hs.GetAppPath & "\Config\mcsForecast.ini" I have verfied that the mcsforcast is in the following folder c:\program files\homeseer\config

When I run the temperature.asp file it takes 2-3 min for it to load but I see the correct readings and the names of the devices are listed. Some time the loading of the .asp file hang or if I click the stop button I get a error message that an action can not be completed because a componant (mcstemperature) is not responding. Choose "Switch" to activate the compoant and correct the problem. Whn I select "Switch" nothing happens. I have to shut down HomeSeer and restart it.

When I run the Forcast.asp file it start to load and the screen turns pure white.

I have attached both the tem and forcast files for your review.

I can pull the .asp file accross my network with the same results as if I was running them on my HAserver.

Any suggestions would be great. I hope that I am close to a solution
        Attached Files

Comment

Here is the other file
          Attached Files

Comment

They aren't needed in this version, and in fact can cause problems. The setup options dialog does the equivalent functions.

--Bill

Comment

Thanks for the input, the doc file that was downloaded with the upgrade still has instructs you to do it. I was trying to go step by step and get this working. I will not run them any more, but I still have the problems listed above. I am willing to try anything. The trail key expires on 2-1-03 I will decide at that time if it is worth the 19.95

Comment

Chris,
                I was not aware I left the install script instructions in the manual. Need to fix that with next update.

The easiest way for me to help is if you can email the database, the mcsTemperature.ini and mcsForecast.ini files. It will be obvious to me if there are any configuration of database-related problems.

Comment

Working...
                X