Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

V3.1.0 Update

Michael,

Regarding sensor label problems - Turns out I had to give the Homeseer database an enema - cleaned out all data and started fresh. Once I did that, the mislabeled sensors and wierd readings disappeared. Apparently part of your plugin looks at live data, and another part looks at archived data in the DB, including all those sensors that have been relabeled. Based on this hiarpuller, I suggest a button to allow a user to clear the database and start fresh, particularly if he/she adds/deletes sensors and re-inits the T05.

So, again, I need to let the DB collect enough info before I can go in and fiddle with the calibration feature.

The Forecast setting in TempASP still does not draw any graph, even though the Forecast DB has plenty of data in it.

The plugin control panel is cut off on the right side in my display - is this due to screen resolution, or GUI misalignment on your end?

Do you know of anyone that has connected a WS, such as the V3, directly to the T05 unit, vs. tying up a seperate serial port using the DS interface (which, oddly enough, I have several of due to previous iButton testing)?

Ed,
    I noted your request for database management feature (PR26) and I will add it in the future. I also need to separate the GUI into multiple screens. It now needs a 1024/768 resolution and it is way too busy even at that resolution.

I have the V3 weatherstation and I have connected it with the V4, V5 TEMP05's and the DS9097U. I've used the data log from the Dallas SW to read the data and I've used the DS9097 in the plugin's native mode. It is the workhorse I used to debug most of this plugin's low level interfaces.

I also added the switch for your Forecast.asp to show only the web data (PR25). Its in the V3.2.0 I'm posting.

I have no problem with the Period set to Forecast in the Temperature.asp. If you do not mind I would like a copy of your datbase that contains this table. Email works fine for this.

Similiarly I have no difficulty changing the Forecast parameters, specifically ACCID, and having this changed used and remembered the next time the setup page is requested. Can you provide any more insight as to how to recreate the problem (PR24)?

[This message was edited by Michael McSharry on Wednesday, 08 January 2003 at 10:33 PM.]

Comment

Answers are embedded below...

[MCS]
      Ed,
      I noted your request for database management feature (PR26) and I will add it in the future.
      [EDK]
      Great - thanks.

[MCS]
      I also need to separate the GUI into multiple screens. It now needs a 1024/768 resolution and it is way too busy even at that resolution.
      [EDK]
      I am running at 1024, and it still gets cut off. I don't even know what the rightmost buttons have on them.

[MCS]
      I have the V3 weatherstation and I have connected it with the V4, V5 TEMP05's and the DS9097U. I've used the data log from the Dallas SW to read the data and I've used the DS9097 in the plugin's native mode. It is the workhorse I used to debug most of this plugin's low level interfaces.
      [EDK]
      When the V3 was connected via the Temp05, what was doing the logging to DB - your plugin, the Temp05 plugin, or something else? Can your plugin currently do the logging to the DB for those devices? LIke I said, I have several DS9097s, I just don't want to buy another USB-serial adapter for it, so I'd rather have the existing Temp05 do all the 1-wire data collection and logging if possible.

[MCS]
      I also added the switch for your Forecast.asp to show only the web data (PR25). Its in the V3.2.0 I'm posting.
      [EDK]
      Great - thanks.

[MCS]
      I have no problem with the Period set to Forecast in the Temperature.asp. If you do not mind I would like a copy of your datbase that contains this table. Email works fine for this.
      [EDK]
      OK - I'll send it. I tried again - it doesn't do anything!

[MCS]
      Similiarly I have no difficulty changing the Forecast parameters, specifically ACCID, and having this changed used and remembered the next time the setup page is requested. Can you provide any more insight as to how to recreate the problem (PR24)?
      [EDK]
      I simply ran the installer from scratch, modified the ACCID in the GUI, restarted HS, and got your forecast (WA55). So I looked at both the INI and the VBS files. The INI was correct, so the change got logged there OK. However, the VBS was still showing WA55. Once I changed that, everything worked fine. Since everything seems to be working smoothly now (with the exception of the things we mentioned previously), I am reluctant to do any testing on this problem.

BTW - I'd like to take this opportunity to say that your support on this plugin has been nothing short of stellar.

Comment

Sorry Ed,
        just noticed that you put this up.

1. I do want to confirm that the mcsTemperature will be able to do everyting with the temp sensors and the weather station and you do not need to use any of your DS9097s.

The caveat, however, is that the physics of your setup could eventually present a limitation. I've got about 30 devices hanging on my "1-wire" with some in a star, some in a bus, and one home-run. My home-run is to the VS3 and the Temp05 has some problems with reliable recognition of it. Mitch worked with me quite a bit and it appears to boil down to reflection-related problems on the wiring.

When I tried an all-in-one solution with the DS9097 then it would die with about 1/2 of the sensors connected. The Temp05 had more poop to handle the larger family so that is the best shot. When I left the house a few weeks ago I had everyting connected to the Temp05 with the V5 firmware prototype. The only problem I had during this time was a power outage where the Temp05 could not see the wind direction sensor after it powered back up.

At least you know there is a seamless growth path should you run into any limitations with just the Temp05.

2. The .vbs file for the forecast is not used with V3 of the mcsTemperature plugin so it is expected that this file would not get updated.

I suspect you still have an event running that collects the forecast data using the .vbs file. You should remove this event. If you have one to move data from virtual devices to the temperature database it should also be removed.

When I looked at your database I did not see tblTemperatureForecast table. I deleted mine and saw that the plugin recreated it when the update button the setup page was clicked. However, it neglected to put the date field in the table. This was fixed in the V3.3.0 that will be comming soon. What I do not understand, however, is why yours is totally missing. This is especially puzzling if you were running V2 and had the table at that time. (It could also be that tired eyes missed the table and I since deleted it so I could not confirm my earlier observation)

Comment

Working...
        X