Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Database Problems - still

Michael,

I'm finally back online after having tore my entire HA system apart and reinstalled it with a new OnQ structured media cabinet - sweet!

Anyway, I loaded 3.3.0, and, well, while the config screens are terrific (nice job), I still seem to have a corrupted database - the sensors just won't load into the setup screen. I noticed that you are working on some databse functions, but they are not active yet. If I delete the DB manually, will the plugin recreate it automatically and populate the sensor fields? I'm at a loss for how to correct this!

BTW - I noticed some typos throughout the plugin - no doubt you were in a rush to get it out. I'll submit a new PR with a list of them so you can fix them in the next release.

You can delete the tables and it will recreate them based upon the number of virtual devices defined. The only problem I'm aware of related to this is that sometimes the fields carry the "Required" attribute that needs to be manually changed with Access.

I'm now putting up 3.3.1 to take care of the problems reported in 3.3.0.

Comment

Michael,

I'd really like to help you debug this plugin - it's a great piece of work. However, I continue to have problems with the database - the device values in homeseer do not match the database, and thus the charting is all hosed up. I do not know if the database itself is a problem, or if I have something configured wrong. I have attached the Homeseer log file, the MCS ini, the database, and the Temp05 log file (from hyperterm). I really like this plugin, but am starting to lose interest due to these problems. Please see if you can spot the trouble areas.

BTW - I tried deleting both the Temp part of the DB as well as the table - neither were recreated on restart of HS. You keep insisting that they should be. There has to be something fundamentally wrong with my config?

Comment

Ed,
        It may be too big to attach so Email is good. With the environment (.ini, .mdb) that you are running then I can replicate the situation and better see what problems you are encountering.

I agree that it is not worth your time to look at new software when the problems are more basic. With the very significant changes made to V3.3 there is the potential for other problems to be introduced that make it even more frustrating.

Take a break, let me work with your data and let the plugin stabilze then we should be able to get you off and running. Your help and improvemnt suggestiong are appreciated

Comment

Michael,

Check your mail for the logs and DB. Good luck - I couldn't seem to correlate the findings of these files.

Comment

I noticed that my actual humidity sensor has been moved to R27 vs. the original R26, which is showing a constant 29%, even though there is no such data in the DB! Also, R27 seems to "Blink" the right value in HS, and then overwrite the correct value with a temp value that it is pulling from somewhere (not valid). Kind of like a ghost thing happening!

Comment

Working...
            X