Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Temperature readings

Michael

quick question (honest! ) I've built up quite a large collection of temp readings now. When I go to temperature.asp though it shows the current temp correctly but the ave, min and max are all stuck at the very first temp that was recorded. Should these not be rolling figures?

Malcolm
    Malcolm

What you should be seeing is the ave/min/max for the period selected. If you select 24 hours and leave the ending date at default then it will be for the last 24 hours. If you select hourly, monthly, or yearly then it will be for all data in the database. You will also get similiar results for a period such as month or year since your data does not span more than 1 of either of these. All of these that show all the data in the database will produce slightly different results due to how the data is grouped, but they will all be very close.

If you are truely seeing only the data for the first recorded values and the ending date is well beyond that sample, then there is a problem with the plugin.

Comment

I thought i had solved the problem but i'm not sure. You might recall i had to manually add a record in homeseer.mdb to 'kick start' the writing of temp records from the plugin. The record i created used the sample date in the format

03/01/21 22:26:16

and it was the value of the temp in that record that was always showing up as the ave/min/max. Inoticed that the plugin was creating records with a smaple date format of

21/01/03 22:12:00

so all did was delete my record. Unfortunately when i go back to temperature.asp the ave/min/max vaules are all zero no matter what sample period i choose - and i now have five days of data.

The now temp is always showing correctly.

Also what value should be in the ending box? Right now i have 25/01/03 12. I assume the 12 is just the hour (without the :00)?

Malcolm
      Malcolm

Comment

The date information is stored in international format yyyy/mm/dd. The display of this data is controlled by regional settings.

Nantes has indicated that he has problems with the asp page when his regional settings are set to French(France). It is likely the same type of thing you are seeing. I have not looked into it as of yet. For a test you can change your regional settings to United States and verify that the asp will show the data.

You are correct about the last digit(s) being the hour

Comment

OK the records were in format

21/01/03 22:12:00

so i changed the MS Access format to General Date and they all appear now as

2026-01-03 12:15:57

so that explains the first problem!

Next I changed the regional setting to US and now the entries are appearing as

2003-01-26 13:15:25

however the min / ave / max temps were still showing as 0.00. so then i exported all the data captured to date into Excel, did a find and replace to change the format of the dates to the correct format, deleted the existing records and then re-imported them.

Now i have correct min/ave/max temperatures.

i've now changed the regional settings back to UK and of course the dates are back to

2026-01-03 12:15:57

format. Over to you Michael...
          Malcolm

Comment

Michael

i also noticed i'm still collecting readings every five minutes when i'd changed the collection interval to 60 minutes. I can still cahnge this via INI and Hyperterm but shoul dthe plugin not override this?

Malcolm
            Malcolm

Comment

I have not had time to look into the regional settings problems. Your investigation will be helpful.

You will see that the command buttons to the Temp05 have changed to provide feedback on what the Temp05 is expecting. This is one of the last things I did with it today as I was checking out other aspect or it. I'll put up the new one this evening.

Comment

a bit more info for you; i noticed in my log tonight when i restrated HomeSeer...

27/01/03 23:48:02~!~mcsTemperature Plugin~!~Last temperature sample recorded at 03/01/27 23:35:19
                27/01/03 23:48:03~!~mcsTemperature Plugin~!~Last forecast sample recorded at 27/01/03 23:22:36

note the two different date formats!

Malcolm
                Malcolm

Comment

Working...
                X