Switch to / Retry Message Box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Switch to / Retry Message Box

I'm near the end of my possible causes for the problem where the communication between homeseer and the plugin is lost and manual intervention is needed to restore order.

The problem seems to manifests itself after the mcsTemperature setup page is unloaded as control returns back to homeseer. The modality of the form has been tried both ways with little difference in behavior. Use of Service Pack 5 for VB libraries should provide the most problem-free working environment.

The next step, unless other ideas appear, is to put the setup page in the same process in which homeseer is running. I do not want to immediately undertake this task as it may open up another can of worms.

SteveP,
    Am I correct is assuming that the current state of the plugin provides functionality, but after using the setup page you need to either terminate hspi_mcsTemperature and let homeseer restart it in 30 seconds or restart homeseer? If you do not use the setup page do other aspects of the plugin function? Did you get any feedback from Rich as to why you are always needing to catch up with missed events?

Are there others that are experiencing the problem, save when the temperature.asp is being drawn?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> The modality of the form has been tried both ways with little difference in behavior. Use of Service Pack 5 for VB libraries should provide the most problem-free working environment. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    It did seem to make a small difference as previously noted. But it did not solve the problem.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>The next step, unless other ideas appear, is to put the setup page in the same process in which homeseer is running. I do not want to immediately undertake this task as it may open up another can of worms. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    I can't imagine you would want to do this unless Rich and other plug-in developers can give you a clear indication that this will help. Is it possible to have others such as Rich or his developers look at your code?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Am I correct is assuming that the current state of the plugin provides functionality, but after using the setup page you need to either terminate hspi_mcsTemperature and let homeseer restart it in 30 seconds or restart homeseer? If you do not use the setup page do other aspects of the plugin function? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Yes, I am able to update the ini that way and also manually so I am not dead in the water. It seems to be working except that I reset any time I use the setup screen.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Did you get any feedback from Rich as to why you are always needing to catch up with missed events? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Haven't heard anything yet.

SteveP

Comment

Working...
    X