Feature Requests & Problem Reports V3.7.0 - V3.11.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feature Requests & Problem Reports V3.7.0 - V3.11.0

This thread contains discussion of mcsTemperature plugin version 3.7.0 through 3.11.1. The thread starting at version 3.11.1, Updater Rebaseline, is at

mcsTemperature V3.11

[This message was edited by Michael McSharry on Tuesday, 11 February 2003 at 06:13 PM.]

Michael,

I was not sure if you left out the display of "F" on purpose or if it was due to the rounding of the temperature display.

Having an option to display both the "F" and "%" after a temperature or humidity reading would be nice. To stretch this request to also include a custom graphic would be great.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Bill, I also put your fast/slow algorithm into 3.7.1. You need to get yourself a barometer to test it out.
      <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
      I'll tell my wife you require it...

--Bill

Comment

I am getting the following error in this version - didn't notice it before. Triggers don't appear to be working now.

2/4/2003 8:21:58 PM~!~mcsTemperature Plugin~!~Version 3.7.0 Registered with Homeseer
        2/4/2003 8:21:59 PM~!~mcsTemperature Plugin~!~ GetPluginTriggers: Type mismatch
        2/4/2003 8:21:59 PM~!~mcsTemperature Plugin~!~Comm Port 2 Opened
        2/4/2003 8:22:00 PM~!~mcsTemperature Plugin~!~Last temperature sample recorded at 2/4/2003 8:04:59 PM
        2/4/2003 8:22:00 PM~!~mcsTemperature Plugin~!~Last forecast sample recorded at 2/4/2003 6:06:33 PM

Comment

I noticed that the Daily setting on TempASP gives me a strange looking chart that does not correlate with the data or the other chart settings. The first attachment shows the data for 8 sensors (all co-located, so lines are on top of each other) over 24 hours - this is normal. The second attachment shows the same data with the Daily setting. Four of the sensors have gone berzerk! I believe the chart is wrong. Any ideas?
          Attached Files

Comment

...and the second chart...
            Attached Files

Comment

Does your database only have 24 hours of data? Daily chart includes every sample in your database. If you look at month or year chart does the data still follow a narrow band that existed in the 24 hours of the first chart?

Comment

jpape,
                Awhile back I discussed how I preprocessed data going into the database to assure only numeric data was stored, but the virtual device could be formatted for a pleasing presention. It looks like it did not take very long for this feature to be requested. I will do something about it and I suspect it will end up as a tab that defines all the properties of each class of sensor.

Comment

Bill,
                  If telling your wife that I require it works, then go for two. I could use one too.

Comment

And me, too.

Michael

Comment

Right now it's moot, because JJ is backordered on some parts.

--Bill

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Does your database only have 24 hours of data? Daily chart includes every sample in your database. If you look at month or year chart does the data still follow a narrow band that existed in the 24 hours of the first chart? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, it has several weeks worth since my last exorcism. Yes, the other charts are as expected (tight band) - I just didn't want to chew up space showing them all. It's just the daily chart that is messed up.

Comment

Ed,
                          Send me your database so I can take a look

Comment

Sent!

Comment

v3.8.0 has been posted at the top of this thread. It addresses PR67, 78, 102, 110, 112, 113, and 114.

There is a second file, a vbs script, that should only be used by non-USA users. This script is placed anywhere on your computer, double-clicked to run, and it will swap the month and day of the date in each record in the Temperature and Forecast databases. It will create a backup before conversion, but always a good idea to independently create one before running it. THIS FILE SHOULD ONLY BE RUN BY THOSE WHO HAVE A PROBLEM WITH REGIONAL SETTINGS WHERE THE PLUGIN ONLY WORKS CORRECTLY WHEN CONFIGURED FOR USA.

The problem with the regional setting support (PR67/78) was that the data queries from the database were made using an international format, but the data was stored into the database using local settings. Fine for the USA, but just does not work for others.

Malcom, you have a mixed bag of data between your forecast and temperature tables following your manual conversion of one of the two. I'm not certain what state your data is in now, but future saves to the database should be correct with version 3.8.0. A date is stored as a double word floating point value. A date of Feb 5, 2003 has a value of 37657. May 2, 2003 is 37743. If you need help getting your data in order let me know.

For all users ....
                              The v3.8.0 plugin will again convert a table when started. This time it is the internal tblTemperatureForecast. The conversion is from text to scaled integers. A backup is made before conversion, but your own backup of the database is a good idea before running the plugin (i.e. starting homeseer after downloading)

The Trigger Temperture Control was modified to change the "Repeat" from a checkbox to a text box. The value entered into the checkbox will be the number of minutes that should elapse before the trigger is repeated if the trigger condition is still active after this period of time. It will continue to repeat at this periodic rate until the trigger condition is no longer satisfied. Checkout of this modification was not very comprehensive, but the degree of change was small.

The Forecast web page style was made consistent with the Temperature Trend page. There were also a few other minor updates.

Comment

Working...
                              X