Discrete Out Evaluation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Discrete Out Evaluation

Attached is V3.12.3 which contains the logic to support the DS2405 as an output, storage of Relay05 and DS2405/out discrete in the database, line graph of digital data, and frequency/color chart for digital data.

This version should only be uploaded by those who have Relay05 or DS2405 output devices. The file size increased by about 10% since there was considerable logic to support the DS2405 as an output device and the discrete charting.

Other minor updates were made, but the thrust of this for evaluation of the discrete output and discrete graphing.

The statistics table for a discrete in/out will show the number of off-to-on transitions for the selected period in the Average column. The line chart is scaled so the logic "on" of the digital data will be 20% of the max value of the Y axis data. The color chart produces graphics, but I do not believe they are correct. When testing include the discrete with other data that is being charted.

The primary areas of interest is the recognition of the DS2405 after it is configured as an output and the ability to corrrectly control it with on/off commands.

The digital graphing has not been tested very much so problems in that area will not be a surprise.

The Discrete Out tab has been replaced with a Temp05/Relay05 tab and the setup of these items are consolidated there. The Output setup of the DS2405 contains a checkbox and a text box. The textbox will contain whatever is to be sent to the device on power-up. A blank will result on nothing being sent.

Duncan pointed-out that I forgot to tell everyone that has Wind Speed Sensor or DS2405 switches that they will need to MANUALLY EDIT their mcsTemperature.ini file to change the [Devices] section. The suffix was swapped between the Wind Speed and Switch. The 17th (last) character of the 1-wire serial number for these devices is now "W" for wind speed and "S" for switch. Prior versions of the plugin had the association reversed. The change was made so that the plugin will use the same type codes as the Temp05. Prior to this version the information from the DIS command was not used. It is best to make this edit before running V3.12.3.

[This message was edited by Michael McSharry on Monday, 17 February 2003 at 10:59 AM.]

I've been working with Steve D to understand what to expect from the DS2405 on the DS9097 interface. The evaluation post at the top of this thread is the same as the last one sent to Steve. It also contains some other updates, but the primary focus is support of the DS2405.

Anyone tried the Temp05 capability to output to a DS2405? It will show up in the setup page list with a "Y" suffix on the 16 character serial number.

Comment

Michael,

I will try either tonight or tomorrow to use a DS2405 as an output device.

Comment

Hi Michael,

I installed version 3.13.1 this evening and connected a simple DS2405 circuit which would allow me to turn on and off a LED. Prior to testing the plugin, I tested my DS2405 circuit with a terminal program and issued multiple ONA and OFA commands. All commands worked as expected and the TEMP05 responded with the correct status of the Switch.

I then started up Homeseer with your plugin and upon opening the plugin window I see that the TEMP05 "echo" window is of a TEMP05 "DIS" command. I close the plugin window (w/Update), wait a few seconds and re-open the window. I now see a entry in the Discrete tab for the new DS2405 I have connected to my 1-wire network. I click the "Output" box and once again close the plugin window. I now switch to my device view and see additional virtual devices created in Homeseer. One is for the DS2405 as a "switch" and the other as a "relay". Each device has the same House Code but different Unit Codes.

I click on the device which has the relay label and try to turn the LED On and Off via Homeseer. The DS2405 does not respond to any of the commands from Homeseer. I then try to send a command from the plugin's TEMP05 "echo" window such as a ONA02 which also does not produce and results.

I shutdown Homeseer, restart my terminal program and am able to control the LED by issueing ONA and OFA commands.

After looking to make sure I did not overlook anything, I believe the problem is with the plugin. I don't believe the plugin is actuall sending any of the commands to the TEMP05, even though I see the ones I manually enter "echoed" in the plugin's window. When I try to change the state of the device via Homeseer, I never see an echo back of any command sent from the Plugin.

Please let me know if you would like me to try any additional testing.

Comment

Try this:

In Homeseer, open the mcsTemperature setup window, then click on the "x" to close it while leaving the monitor window open so you can watch what the plugin sends while you manipulate the device controls. You may have to resize and drag some windows around to accomplish this. Then try your relay controls and see if it results in some error messages from the Temp05.

Another way to send your ONA and OFA commands manually: Instead of typing the whole command in the little window (e.g. ONA02), try typing in ONA and sending that, and then 02 and send that. If it's consistent with the RLY command for the Relay05, putting a pause in between the "parts" of the command may make it work. Just a diagnostic, not a solution...

--Bill

Comment

Bill,

I did have the window opened while executing the commands.

Comment

Are these commands used only for the Temp05? If not where do I find info on them?

SteveD

Comment

Yes, ONA and OFA are Temp05 commands.

Comment

jpape,
                  Bill is correct about the diagnostice approach. When you enter the data from a terminal program the characters are send at the speed of your fingers. When doing it from the plugin's echo window they are sent at computer speeds. The RLY command had to be split between RLY and and remainder of the command as it appeared the TEMP05 could not keep up with service of so many characters at one time.

Comment

Michael,

Okay, I had some spare time so I was able to do some additional testing.

I verified onca again my DS2405 setup by using a terminal program to switch the output of the DS2405 between On and Off. Once this was verified, I went to the Plugin's output window and proceeded to breakup the ONA and OFA commands into two seperate commands as suggested in a prior message. I first entered ONA, sent that to the Temp05 and the 02 which is the ID for my DS2405. Low and behold that worked, I then sent a OFA followed by 02 and was able to turn off my DS2405. This leads me to believe that there is also a timing problem with sending commands to the Temp05 for DS240x control. I tried controlling the DS2405 by the Homeseer devices the Plugin created, but they do not work.

Please let me know if you would like me to do any additional testing.

Comment

V3.14.1 posted on the PR thread contains the delay for the OFA, ONA. You can give it a try at your convenience to see if you can control the switch output via the homeseer virtual device.

Comment

Is this moving? Haven't seen anything in a little while.

SteveP

I Pledge Allegiance to the flag of the United States of America and to the Republic for which it stands, one Nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
                        The REAL Pledge of Allegiance

Comment

I believe Michael is on a trip and we really haven't seen any additional releases. As it stands right now, DS2405 support does not work from the GUI/WEB.

Comment

No problem, MCS is due some quiet time for the excellent plug-in. Except for getting the 2405's going, that plug-in just hums along. Gotta love it.

SteveP

I Pledge Allegiance to the flag of the United States of America and to the Republic for which it stands, one Nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
                            The REAL Pledge of Allegiance

Comment

Working...
                            X