Using temperature forecast data to drive events

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Using temperature forecast data to drive events

Is there a way to use the forecast data (high and low temperature for the next five days) to drive an event? I'd like to be able to turn on the heat in advance if it will be cold over the next few days. I'm not certain whether these data are captured in virtual devices, and if so which ones?

Thanks in advance.

Not currently in virtual devices, but I can add it easy enough. Now they can be obtained from the database, but not real convenient unless you script it.

Comment

McS,

I second this request.

Michael

Comment

I'll look around for some examples of scripts that read the database (I'm not too proficient at it myself). If you can point me in the right direction that would be great; otherwise, I'll wait for it to be incorporated into the plugin eventually.

Thanks.

Comment

I put the option for forecast data into virtual devices into V3.14. After some testing you should have it. The only item I debating over is how to handle the forecast temperatures. They curently are all stored in a single database field. For charting consistency I should have the data stored in individual fields otherwise I need to have a special-case decoder in the charting procedures to handle these.

Comment

jwshome,
            I saw your problem with the forecasted temperatures into virtual devices. I need to look into what is happening, but just looking back at the setup page I see 20 checkboxes but only 10 text boxes. Dont know what I was thinking when I set it up.

Comment

Take a look at 3.15.1 and your forecast entries should update correctly in the virtual devices

Comment

Works great now (3.16), thanks very much.

Comment

Working...
                X