Need help Installing Trial Version

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help Installing Trial Version

After Plug-in is installed with a reboot of homeseer and I try to setup the DS 9097 (plugged into Com 1) I get the following error:

InitINIVarables Error Automation Error|Catastrophic Failure.

9097 Interface works... can see weather station using Dalsemi iBotton. I've unloaded and reloaded plug-in several times. Also downloaded latest version from this thread with no effect.

Thanks for any thoughts and help.

Dennis
    Not too old to learn

I added debug code to the INI routine that is being referenced. It can be obtained at
    most current

I suspect that you will need to manually set the debug flag since the problem is occurring in the initialization sequence. You can do this before homeseer starts by editing the file \Config\mcsTemperature.ini. Look for the line that contains the key DebugLog and change it to be true

DebugLog=true

Then when the initialization is being done it will dump its progress to the homeseer log and I should be able to see what section of the initialization is causing your problem.

Comment

Mike,

Discovered the problem. I thought the doc said when I selected the 9097 interface it would lead me through a 1-ware interface install. It appears It didn't. I went to the Dalsemi sit and installed the latest driver for the 9097 and the error went away.

Now I have a different problem...GetWeather: Type mismatch. All I've tried to do thus far is put one temp sensor on the interface and setup weather forcast data. I've attached the GetWeather.txt file. Likely something dumb but I'm not a programmer so I don't understand what the syntax is trying to tell me.

Dennis
      Not too old to learn

Comment

Yes it is suppose to download the TMEX drivers for you.

The GetWeather.txt file shows that it does not have a ACCID code to work with. The manual discusses how to find the ACCID code for your location. Usually you can enter your zip code in the ACCID text box on the Forecast tab of the setup page. Dont forget to click the Update button.

If you do have an ACCID code entered, then could you post it. You are also welcome to Email your mcsTemperature.ini file if you still have problems. I can confirm your settings are reasonable.

Comment

Mike.

I've used every form of the ACCID I can think of for Woodbridge, VA without effect.

ACCIDs include: usva08468, 08468, and ZIP 22192.

I've sent ini files and Homeseer log by e-mail per your request.

Appreciate.

Dennis
          Not too old to learn

Comment

Working...
          X