Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MCStemp...3.30.01 loaded but 3.27.0 registered with HS

I know I already posted something along these lines a few weeks ago BUT:

This time I went through the HS updater and updated to MCS3.30.01 (rather than just
    uuploading the lastest mcstempxxx.zip)

I keep getting
    ~mcsTemperature Plugin~!~Version 3.27.0 Registered with Homeseer

WHICH IS BOGUS because I know I have the right pluggin installed and I cannot find any trace left of mcstemp v3.27.0 in any directory

MOREVOVER I don't get any of the features of MCStemp past v.27.0 things like forcast and trends keep showing v.27.0

I even ERASED my entire HS directory and re-copied everything from another PC (where I have the correct behaviour and updates) and STILL this showed up
    as v2.27...

ARE THERE ANY FILES THAT HS KEEPS AROUND THAT ARE SOMEWHERE OUT OF THE HS DIR. THAT WOULD CREATE THIS PROBLEM..I THINK THIS IS A PROBLEM WITH REGISTERING THE PRODUCT??? MAYBE SOME REGISTRY ENTRIES OR DATABASE STUFF?

[This message was edited by fbitz on Sun, 18 May 2003 at 04:01 PM.]

Hopefully Rich, Rick, or someone familiar with the process by which HS links to a plugin can provide the answer.

All the output you are seeing is generated by the hspi_mcsTemperature.exe program. I did a Find in the registry looking form mcsTemperature and found some entries that had \\Mcs6\C\Program Files\Homeseer\hspi_mcsTemperature.exe and others as C:\Program Files\Homeseer\hspi_mcsTemperature.exe

I do not know what each was, and I do not recommend manually editing the registry, but you may learn something be doing the same to see if you find a path to an old version somewhere

Comment

well I searched everywhere and could not even find a version v3.29 mcstemp pluggin!

I ended up ERASING every single mcstemp-related file I could find and runing the HS updater and
      that seems to have done the trick...

very strange

Comment

that if I update a beta plugin by renaming the old file without changing the file extension (e.g. if I rename hspi_mcsTemperature.exe to old_hspi_mcsTemperature.exe) Windows thinks that it should update the registry to match, and I get "vestiges" of the old along with the new. Now I always change the filename to something completely different (e.g. hspi_mscTemperature.3.30.1.exe.bak) which seems to prevent such problems.

--Bill

Comment

Working...
        X