X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ANY CHANCE OF GET VOLTAGES IN MCSTEMP

I would really like to use my ds2438 A/D or other
    A/Ds that are supported by TEMP05 and have them
    supported as VOLTAGE devices in MCSTEMP.

the main reason:
    I have many existing NPTC (thermistors) based
    temperature sensors already in place (and that is what most HVAC controllers use) in which a temperature can be read via a resistor 'bridge'

Basically once the ref and input voltages are known it is fairly straighfoward to compute the
    temperature (via table lookup or interpolation).

Just displaying the voltages and being able to create and store that into virutal devices would go a long way (90%) to allow support for a wide range of existing temperature sensors.

I guess another way would be to FAKE MCSTEMP into declaring them as H sensors (and transofrm % into temps) but then only TWO H sensors are supported
    whithin MCSTEMP

There is no limit on the number of humidity sensors. There are a max of two that can be displayed on the Forecast page. I think the Temp05/mcsTemperture plugins allocated space for 8 dedicated humidity devices. mcsTemperature will put them in overflow devices beyond that. The constraint I think we will run into first is in the current configuration setup tab for 13 "misc/weather" sensors. How many of these voltage sensors do you plan on adding? Will it cause the 13 to be exceeded?

Comment

I put voltage from the Temp05 into the plugin in V3.31.0. I used the example from Mitch's web page where two voltage reading were returned. Devices are created starting at second house code device 37.

Comment

Working...
      X