Radar Maps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Radar Maps

No doubt you've noticed that the radar maps are broken on Forecast. Seems that weather.com doesn't want anyone to refer to their maps - you have to come from one of their pages. Is there a solution, or are we just stuck?

--Bill

I get my maps from the National Weather Service
    www.nws.noaa.gov

Comment

I find the local TV stations have the best images for this purpose. What I did do was allow images of up to 320x240 to appear on PC outputs while still limiting the touchscreen displsys to a width of 241 pixels so the scroll bars are not generated. I'll post it after some more testing.

Another idea I had was to use a not-visible IE to read the weather.com page and copy the radar image from IE's cache. With so many sources for images there is not a need to add another level of complexity.

Comment

I'm still able to get the maps displayed in my Forecast screen. Eastern USA here....

Comment

They come and go in my case. I just switched to a local site so I would not need to deal with weather.com.

Comment

Well I have yet to find any radar maps as nice looking as wether.com's ones. Too bad they changed their policy. I will try some ideas Michael gave me when I get the time.

John
            John

Comment

Working...
            X