Large % showing in Forcast 2 day Min

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Large % showing in Forcast 2 day Min

I have been trying to find out why only this field is dispalying a % vs a number. I have checked the database and it is showing 6200 however the Homeseer GUI and the HS web page show 10754% any help I am running ver 4.05 ofmcstemp and 1.22 of control Windows 2000 Pro and Office 2000

[This message was edited by Chris Sievert on Mon, 23 June 2003 at 11:39 AM.]

There are two items that are designed to display percentages (% suffix). One is Humidity and the other is the error rate. The humidity sensor(s) are defined on the Forecast page. The error rate has a dedicated device code a the end of the first house code block. Check to make certain you have not defined a humidity sensor to occupy the same device code as the forecast temperature.

Comment

I do not have any humidity sensors in my system. During the installation process of MCStemp I accepted all of the default settings that you defined. In reviewing the setup of MCStemp I just found that the 2 day min forcast uses [60 as its device. I also found that the max wind speed is set to use [60 as its device. When I clicked reset wind speed it put all gui values to "0". I then changed the wind speed to [47 and hit get forcast now. After 30 min I saw not change on any of the GUI's. I have also checked the access database and these fields are set to number

Any other suggestions?

Comment

It looks to me as if you have some overlap in the two house code definitions. I believe [ is the first house code allocated by homeseer to plugins so this should not be one used for forecast data since forecast data uses the second mcsTemperature plugin house code. Device 60 of the first house code is the error rate and that is what is showing up in the GUI as a percentage.

Device 50 of the first house code is the default for high wind. Devices 41..49 of the first house code are allocated to humidity sensors. Device 47 of the second house code is for the wind speed retrieved from the web.

The setup page in lower left will show the two house codes allocated to the plugin. The manual describes the layout of these house codes for reference.

The GetWeather button will only update the database/virtual devices when there is a change in the data from MSNBC. At best it will change only every hour no matter how many times the button is pressed.

Comment

Working...
        X