What Does MCS temperature do exactly.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What Does MCS temperature do exactly.

sorry for the simplistic question but I don't see a clear list of exactly what the plug-in does.

Thanks
    StevenE
    Why oh why didn't I just leave things alone, they had been working.

StevenE,

I'm sure that someone else will have more details. But the plugin does several things, all of which are configurable (and optional).

- it can replace the 1-wire or TEMP05 plugins or scripts for data collection (this feature I choose not to use because I use the TEMP05 plugin)
    - it takes weather data collected using the builtin 1-wire interface and/or external interfaces, such as temperature, humidty, barometric pressure, wind speed, direction and stores it in a database
    - it collects weather forecast data from the msnbc.com site and stores that in the database
    - it formats web pages for display of temperature (and all other data, such as wind speed, etc.) in different chart formats over different time frames (last 6 hours, 24 hours, 72 hours, 10 days, month, year)
    - it formats web pages for display of forecast data

It has a very detailed and comprehensive setup screen, and has a lot of options beyond what I've described here.

Get a trial code and try it out.

Bill

Comment

I think Bill captured the heart of the plugin. Its focus is to gather weather-related information from local sources and the web, store it in a database, and produce graphs and color intensity charts that show the trends and relationships of this data.

The data is viewed from a browser from two views. One shows current and forecasted temperatures and a comparison of web and local meterological data. The other shows the historical information collected in the database in a line-graph or color-intensity format.

It also adds a new trigger window to homeseer that allows event triggers to occur when temperatures enter or exit bands or exceed limits with hysteresis, diverges from another, or at a specified rate.

Comment

Hi,
        I am thinking about trying this, but will I need anything else to collect 1-whire data? I am using the temp 05 v5.00 I also am wondering if it can create text charts something that I could read because a screen reader will not read graphics?

last is the latest version on the hs updater?
        Thanks.

Comment

which you will need to install first. Currently there's a 3.10.1 beta patch on the forum. A Temp05 (and some temp sensors) should be all you need to get started.

Currently the UI is graphical. If you discuss with Michael, he might come up with some adapatations for screen readers, for at least some of the displays. Pretty difficult to describe a line graph or color intensity chart in text, but some of the tabular data might be made presentable in alt text.

--Bill

Comment

Jim R,
            I do not know what you mean by text charts, but if you can show an example I likely can accomodate.

Comment

If by text-base charts, you mean one generated using HTML via tables and colored cells. I adapted some ASP code I found and it should be one of the ASP include files being distributed.

Jim Doolittle
              Jim Doolittle

My Twitter
              My Hardware & Software

Comment

I was think about showing numbers in percents and different type of charts using numbers instead of line graphs. I'm not sure it has been quite a while since I had to use these. I'll try it out and can let you know or try to let you now what I would like to see Well yes If I could see guess that would solve the problem rather nicely I think:*smile*.

What types of charts could be made using percentiges - rather then just lines - bars that would be hopefully useful to everyone as I would hate to ask for something only I would use.

Comment

The guidelines that we operate under at work is you can use images as long as there is a text version alternative. So anytime we use an image to display some information we put a link below the image that goes to a text version of that same information. Also make sure that you are using the alt parameter on the images.

Jeff Farmer

--
                  Jeff Farmer
                  HS 3, HSPhone
                  My HS3 Plugins: CFHSExtras, Random, Restart, Tracker, WeatherXML, PanaBluRay
                  Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

Where can I find the trial code?

Pentium 4 1.8 GHz
                    256 MB RAM (I know, I need more)
                    Way2Call Hi-Phone USB
                    ATTNV
                    Ocelot
                    Garyga 1-Wire (Works great!)
                    ROC Outlook (Works great!)

~Bill

Comment

It should be bold in the middle of the updater form when the plugin is selected. If you do not see it give Rick at HST an email. I know there has been some rework in this area of the updater.

Comment

Pentium 4 1.8 GHz
                        256 MB RAM (I know, I need more)
                        Way2Call Hi-Phone USB
                        ATTNV
                        Ocelot
                        Garyga 1-Wire (Works great!)
                        ROC Outlook (Works great!)

~Bill

Comment

Working...
                        X