mcsTemperature 3.30 and beyond Feature Requests and Problem Reports

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mcsTemperature 3.30 and beyond Feature Requests and Problem Reports

This is a continuation of problems/features for V3.30.1 through V4.0. This thread is continued at V4.1 and Beyond starting at V4.1.4.

[This message was edited by Michael McSharry on Mon, 21 July 2003 at 12:54 AM.]

Didn't know if that was just an error or the wrong version still comes from the updater.

SteveP

I Pledge Allegiance to the flag of the United States of America and to the Republic for which it stands, one Nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
    The REAL Pledge of Allegiance

Comment

The header says it all <g>. Using 3.30, I added a new sensor to the 1-wire bus. I have restarted HS a couple of times, and this is what is coming up in my log:

5/13/2003 8:30:04 PM mcsTemperature Plugin Sensor 90000800473D0E10 is reported as Temperature sensor DS1820 but known by mcsTemperature as type

5/13/2003 8:30:04 PM mcsTemperature Plugin Sensor 12 90000800473D0E10 DS1820 OK reported by Temp05 has not yet been recorded by mcsTemperature

Readings are coming through just fine. Nothing shows up in my Devices tab or new devices created. I also checked to see if the "create Devices" might have come "un-grayed" in order to create the new device, but it is still grayed out. Is there anything in particular that I have to do to get it to show up?

Comment

SteveP

I Pledge Allegiance to the flag of the United States of America and to the Republic for which it stands, one Nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
        The REAL Pledge of Allegiance

Comment

No, it was not available. Downloaded it from the board.

Just checked, and the version on the updater is still showing 3.23.01, I'm currently running 3.30

Comment

Richard,

The answer to the question is to attach them to the 1-wire bus. Everyting else is automatic.

What you cannot do, however, is keep the setup window open as the new sensor is read. When the setup window is open the plugin does not process new sensors. This was to avoid problems of the user changing the sensor definitions as the plugin was trying to change them at the same time. You can, however, have the Temp05 Echo window open to observe the data stream from the Temp05.

The messages you are seeing come during the processing of the DIS command and indicate that the plugin never recorded this sensor before. Before the DIS command is issued a TMP command is given. The TMP command should return a reading for each sensor, including any new ones. At this time the plugin is suppose to record it and then it will be known by the time the DIS command is given. This all assumes the setup page is not open during the time the TMP is given.

While it may have missed it while the setup window was open it should pick it up at the next cycle in which the TEMP05 sends it readings.

The sequence of events is:
            Homseer Start
            TMP command given to Temp05
            Temp05 provides current reading for all analog sensors
            Plugin records all sensors provided & updates virtual devices
            DIS command given to Temp05
            Temp05 provides sensor index list
            Plugin adds the discrete's (if any) to the set of recognized sensors
            5 Minutes later (or your update cycle for Temp05) the Temp05 delivers another set of readings
            Plugin records all sensors provided & updates virtual devices.
            At any time Temp05 delivers a discrete input
            Plugin updates virtual devices.

If this does not characterize what is happening at your end please email the mcsTemperature.ini so I can see what your starting point is.

Comment

The updater files are in the process of being loaded. A little patience is needed. Bill Walton has such a masterpiece with the document that I've asked Rick to make it a separate download. The updater should have one update for the executables and one for the documentation/help files.

Comment

I have sent you an email, with the ini as well as a debug log.

Comment

Michael,

I'd like to give guest access to forecast.asp, but since we put in the refresh mod, it gets redirected to unauthorised.asp after the first refresh.

Try it out at http://www.riverside.101main.com:8000/forecast.asp you'll see what I mean.

Is there any explaination to this behaviour ?

Duncan

Comment

There are two places where redirection can occur, but I do not know why it would be any different between first and second access. I noticed that I used the AllowGuest key from mcsGuest.ini from WebAgent at the start of forecast.asp. You may want to change that to something that makes sense for you. You also have the opportunity to put some hs.writelog data at the start of forecast.asp to see what REMOTE_ADDR and AUTH_USER works and what does not work.

These is also logic in the CustomHeader based upon Secure Links. I do not know what triggers what in this case. You have the option of using compatibility checkbox and putting some writelogs where the redirection occurs in header.asp if it is not in forecast.asp

Comment

I'd think most people would only want to look at weather like that for a few seconds, anyway. I'm sure glad I'm done with rain until November, here in sunny California.

--Bill

Comment

Can DS2438 based humidity sensors be interfaced to mcsTemperature through a DS9097U or does that require a Temp05?

Comment

The logic is in the plugin for both interfaces and returns both Temperature and Humidity from the DS2438 device.

If the DS2438 on a DS9097 interface is used in another application such as barometer, then I will need to add code to distinguish between the various types of applications.

Comment

I am using the temp05 with aag sensors.
                            When the Humidity is exactly 100% it is reported as 0. Here is a sample output.

5/21/2003 11:00:25 AM~!~mcsTemperature Plugin~!~Temp05 Data: Reading Sensors...
                            5/21/2003 11:00:26 AM~!~mcsTemperature Plugin~!~Temp05 Data: Humidity #01[9800000015436F26]=>100%
                            5/21/2003 11:00:30 AM~!~mcsTemperature Plugin~!~Temp05 Data: Humidity #02[B3000000154B5426]=01%
                            5/21/2003 11:00:32 AM~!~mcsTemperature Plugin~!~Temp05 Data: Temp #01[500008001E191F10]=77.32F
                            5/21/2003 11:00:34 AM~!~mcsTemperature Plugin~!~Temp05 Data: Temp #02[9800000015436F26]=70.80F
                            5/21/2003 11:00:34 AM~!~mcsTemperature Plugin~!~Temp05 Data: Temp #03[B3000000154B5426]=70.80F
                            5/21/2003 11:01:25 AM~!~mcsTemperature Plugin~!~Temp05 Data: >

The Humidity status is 0 and 101 , instead of 100 and 101.

Comment

Which version of TEMP05 are you using?

Mitch

http://www.midondesign.com
                              http://www.midondesign.com

Comment

Working...
                              X