Trend Charts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trend Charts

On the Trend chart (Temperature.asp) I notice text in the upper left that cycles and appears to expect to be filled in with current weather information. However, on my charts they are blank. I don't see anything in the documentation indicating any setup that needs to be done. Can anyone tell me what needs to be done to get current weather info into those lines of text.

Thanks

Dennis
    Not too old to learn

from the "standard" headers that come with the "Includes" package put together by CFGuy, with contributions from several script authors. I think this is looking for a file called WeatherData.ini that is written to by the Weatherman script.

--
    Bill

Comment

Bill,

I'm a little out of my element here. I'm not a script or plug-in guy so I'm kinda of lost. I don't run weatherman. But there does appear to be an "includes" subdirectory in the HTML folder. Can I just dump the includes folder and make the problem go away? All I run is basic HS, mcstempature, doonetwork, mcsMovies and recently Weatherplug to get better updates than MSN provides.

Appreciate any assistance your willing to offer.

Dennis
      Not too old to learn

Comment

it's part of the HomeSeer directory structure, I think. The blank values are only a problem if you let them bother you, I would just ignore them. If you make your background white they'll disappear and you'll never know they're there. I played with getting them filled in and found that if I ran the Weatherman script every couple of hours it did the trick. It's available in the script library.

I'm not sure, but I suspect that if you uncheck "Compatibility" on the Display tab those header elements may go away. Compatibility has to do with using the Includes package for page headers and footers. I found it a little cumbersome to set up. If you don't remember ever downloading the Includes package, then maybe I'm wrong (I downloaded everything in sight for a while, so I'm not sure if there was already something there before I installed the Includes package).

--
        Bill

Comment

Your idea of making the background white is great! I'll do that till I decide what to do about Weatherman.

Appreciate your thoughts Thanks again.

Dennis
          Not too old to learn

Comment

Dennis,

Run the includes setup page (setup_includes.asp in your includes folder) and set "Show Page Scroll" and "Use WeatherMan Alert Links" to "No". If you have a problem running the setup page then edit the ini directly in a text editor. It's includes.ini in your HomeSeer\config folder. Look for the "usePageScroll=" and "useAlerts=" lines and set them to 0.

Paul

Comment

Appreciate Paul. That did the trick because I really had no reason to install WeatherMan.

Dennis
              Not too old to learn

Comment

Working...
              X