Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Supported 1-Wire Chips

Michael,

Can you tell me what Dallas Chips are supported by your add-in. I am trying to get some DS2406s, DS2438s, and DS2450s to work without much success.....

The DS2406s show up if I have General Debug enabled but Don't show up under the Discrete tab.

My DS2438, which is a barometer give constantly changing CRC errors and the DS2450 is not found by the Add-in...

Thanks

Tom

I have DS2438-Humidity, DS2450-Wind Direction, and DS2423-Rain & Wind all working fine on the DS9097.

I never implemented a DS2406. Only DS2405 for discretes. I can do the DS2406, but you will need to do the checkout. The DS2406 is an alarming device so it has the potential of faster recognition than the DS2405 for a state change.

I also never implemented a Barometer configuration for the DS2438. I can do it as well, but I need some info on the conversion factors between voltage and pressure for your implementation.

Both of these are low risk and relatively easy. I've not implemented the Dallas devices until there was a need. The DS2401 and DS1921 have been added based upon user requests.

CRC errors typically mean that the waveforms are not clean on the bus. I've got a wiring situation where some lines work with Temp05 and some work with DS9097, but generally cannot swap with success. I started with a haphazard wiring of about 30 sensors and all worked except my weather station. I "cleaned-up" everything and only about 1/2 of it now works. Like RF, I think this 1-wire has some art to it.

Comment

Michael,

I will be glad to work with you on the DS2406 addition to your interface. I have both the transistor package and the surface mount types (dual channels). I use them mostly for OUTPUT but can check out the INPUT side of things as well. Would love to get this working with the HVAC stuff on your interface and cleanup my current setup.

My DS2450 is being read but does not show up as a device in setup pages (where should I look). In the log (with general debug on) it reads the four channels of voltages as wind direction 1 -4 (with voltage values) but I can't seem to find a way to get the voltages in Homeseer as devices(no device code assigned anywhere)

Thanks for your support

Tom

Comment

Michael,

You stated that after you cleaned up your wiring that only about half of your network works. I am curious, are you running your weatherstation off the bus or are you powering it separately? I had a parasitic cap go bad on both a humidity sensor and the Wind Sensor. Since then I have gone to powering up everything except the temp sensors off a 5v supply. It has made a big difference in my networks reliability....

Just my 2 cents...

Tom

Comment

My weatherstation has a line to the DS9097 which includes wind, rain, humidity, and temp. This line works well on the DS9097, but only the rain and temp work when connected to the Temp05. I did not do anything with it since I was not planning any expansion and it worked well as configured.

I have two other buses. One a long line with temp sensors tapped at various locations. The other is a star that is in the same cat5 wiring bundle as my telco wiring. These are the two that I revamped. The long line now has only short stubs off the main with a 100 ohm resistor at each tap. The other has a 100 ohm resistor at the star junction. I did measure the rise time of the waveforms on the main line and they were pretty long. I think 20 microseconds if I recall. Seems like too much capacitance in the wire. I may of been at the edge before and when I lengthened the main trunk to bring it closer to each sensor I added capacitance which seems to had a bigger negative effect than the reflections from the long taps. I did not measure any of the others.

The DS2450 should be recognized as wind direction. I believe I brought out voltages on the DS2438. I'll do it for this unit as well. Now that we have devices 65..99 there is some room for device expansion.

I'll Email you with an mcsTemp update when I get a chance to add the DS2406 and DS2450 voltage.

Comment

Tom, I sent you V4.4.1 to the email in your profile. Let me know if it does make it to you.

Comment

Add-in finds my 4 DS2406s, adds a device for them and they show up in the Setup screen. However, the add-in errors out trying to read them with:

8/20/2003 6:03:51 PM~!~mcsTemperature~!~ DS2406: Wrong number of arguments or invalid property assignment

and it all stops there. I can attempt to write to the device if I clear the "Status Only" check box from the device properties screen but the actual port status on each device is not correct nor does the add-in write any changes although Homeseer shows what it thinks the status is according to the last command executed....

Good first cut.

Tom

Comment

TomS, looks like your mailbox is full. The email bounced twice. Here is the message and attachment

I attached some notes as I was looking at your log. The following things I want to pursue
                1. Why is DS9490 adapter tried. Do you have it? Did you poll for adapters and it showed up?
                2. Why Save Error Counts subscript error. More debug info added
                3. Get all the way through processng a DS2406 sequence. I fixed the parameters it was complaining about I let it resume on errors. My main objective is to get the dump of all this info about how the device behaves so I will be able to dummy-up some data without needing the hardware. Info about Status & Control from HS is just icing. I would not expect change from the HS GUI to make a device controllable to be recognized by the plugin. It keeps track of how it thinks it is configured based upon the setup page "output" checkbox and the HS status reflects what the plugin thinks the configuration is.
                4. Why no updates are occurring. The DS2406 is an isolated function that should not disturb other devices. That was an intentional design characteristic so one sensor would not take down the network. Dont have any ideas on this yet.

Comment

Looks as if the only database logging issue is with the other 1-wire devices on the line. My virtual devices are making to the database fine, only my 1-wire temp sensors have flatlined....

Hope the log helps...

Tom

Comment

Working...
                  X