Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problems with temperature.asp

Hi,

I have now updated MCS pug-in from v2 to v4, but I am having problems with this asp page. When I click on it from my custom header, I get completely empty page with no text. In the log file there is the following text:

7.9.2003 14:10:36~!~mcsTemperature~!~Maximum simultaneous ASP requests now = 7
    7.9.2003 14:10:46~!~mcsTemperature~!~TemperatureASP 10 second Timeout On Pending ASP Request with pending level 7
    7.9.2003 14:10:46~!~mcsTemperature~!~TemperatureASP Error: Type mismatch

One thing which I noticed that my old data in the database is in decimal numbers whereas the new plug-in multiplies the values with 100. I checked that all my virtual device values are correctly populated inthe database. If this is the reason what would be the easiest way of multiplying the old values by 100? One way would be to export database to Excel file and do the maths in Excel and then try to import the Excel file into database.

In the plug-in display setup I have ticked "Compatibility" and "Exclude header and footer" according to the plug-in manual. Other settings should be the default ones. Any ideas?

Jari

I decided to check whether the old format in data values (which were in decimal format) causes problems and exported the database into an Excel file, multiplied values by 100 and imported the Excel file into the database (I delited the old values before).

I am still getting the following error messages in the HS log file:

7.9.2003 15:53:21~!~mcsTemperature~!~Maximum simultaneous ASP requests now = 10
    7.9.2003 15:53:31~!~mcsTemperature~!~TemperatureASP 10 second Timeout On Pending ASP Request with pending level 10
    7.9.2003 15:53:31~!~mcsTemperature~!~TemperatureASP Error: Type mismatch

And the temperature page is still empty.

Jari

Comment

This is the same problem that jpape is having with the 4.6 version of the plugin. He did not experience it with earlier versions. There is some discussion on this, but these messages indicated that the plugin did not complete drawing the ASP page before a another request was made to start drawing it.

V4.4 implemented several changes that were on the board for evaluation for a few weeks. V4.2 is the last version that I uploaded prior to this. I'll repost it here to see if it takes care of this problem for you.
      Attached Files

Comment

Mike,

I forgot to mention that I have version 4.6.

Jari

Comment

Mike,

It didn't cure the problem. Now I'm getting following message in HS log:

7.9.2003 18:40:49~!~Temperature~!~AccumulateHTMLReferences: Object not a collection: 'sunrise'
          7.9.2003 18:40:49~!~mcsTemperature~!~ TemperaturePage: Object doesn't support this property or method

Comment

Which version of homeseer are you running? I'm on beta 119.

Comment

Mike,

I have 1.6.0.

Comment

Mike,

I upgraded to 119 but still getting following error message:

7.9.2003 19:22:39~!~mcsTemperature~!~ TemperaturePage: Object doesn't support this property or method

Comment

Remove the check from the "Compatibilty". With it present you are asking to run external Includes which may not be present or not of a supported version.

Comment

Mike,

That cured the problem. Now I don't see the header or footer. I am also having problems with the table; nothing is shown. I do get the line drawing. But I think I'll need to read the manual and see how I should use the plugin.

Jari

Comment

I suspect your selection is for line drawing only. The chart type selected on the asp page should be LinTab for both line and table display.

Something you can do to help me, if you wish, is to collect some homeseer trace data when you run the 4.6.2 version of the plugin. Something is causing the ASP procedure to be called multiple times.

The trace log is produced in the homeseer directory and data is stored there when the command hs.DebugMode=16 is commanded. hs.DebugMode=0 stops the log. It can be commanded via event (&hs.DebugMode=16) or double clicking on a vbs script (e.g. DebugModeOn.vbs) that contains the single line

CreateObject("homeseer.application").DebugMode=16

[This message was edited by Michael McSharry on Sun, 07 September 2003 at 02:23 PM.]

Comment

Mike,

I will do the tracing with 4.6.2 tomorrow. It's time to go to bed.

Comment

Thank You. When you do it also have the debugLog set for mcsTemperature and send me both files that contain the period when the ASP page is requested.

Comment

Working...
                          X