Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mcsTemperature WeatherPlugin relationship

Michael,

I’m trying to test your interface to WeatherPlugin and am not sure I understand the model. In WeatherPlugin I have three stations activated. I let it create the unit code and took the default house code. Therefore, w1-w19 belongs to Station 1, w21-w39 to Station 2 and w41-w59 to Station 3. mcsTemperature created the following unit code/house codes with labels:] 71=temperature14, ]79=temperature30, ]80=temperature32, etc when I checked the box in mcsTemperature indicating averaging. When I manually average the three stations from WeatherPlugin (w1, w21 and w41) I can’t match it to any house/ codes created by mcsTemperature for WeatherPlugin. Can you explain the labeling relationship between mcsTemperature and WeatherPlugin and the averaging calculation?

BTW-Uninstalled msctemperature and reinstalled with WeatherPlugin in place. could this be the problem?

Dennis
    Not too old to learn

The labels should not have been Temperature14 etc, but names very similiar to the WeatherPlug names with a prefix to indicate they are averages.

At this time the calculation is a very simple sum of the numeric portions of the device string that is then divided by the number of sites summed.

When I was testing it created the devices correctly, but then I did much later and never deleted the devices and confirmed they would be correctly recreated. I'll look later.

Comment

Michael,

1st thanks for the explaniation. I thought that might be what you intended however it doesn't appear to be working. For example, the temperature table in the database shows a field name of AvgS2Temperature but the field has a zero. S1Temperature, S2Temperature, and S3Temperature (w1, w21, and w41 from WeatherPlugin have data in their respective fields. I've attached the database and ini files if it will help.

Dennis
      Not too old to learn

Comment

Your ini file and database look correct. I deleted my averaging devices and they were recreated with the desired names so I do not understand why the device names are different on your computer. They should be Avg Temperature, Avg Wind Direction, etc.

I have never been able to get data downloaded from Weatherplug so my devices are always zero and the average of zero is zero. I looked at your database and it looks as if Weatherplug puts something in the device string that I am not expecting, hence incorrect averages. I will need to get some real data from Weatherplug to continue.

Comment

...In the meantime I'm seeing some other strange things in charting of local sensor devices I didn't have before weatherPlug. but, I want to check further before reporting them. I'll keep in touch.

Dennis
          Not too old to learn

Comment

Is mscTemp & Control working with WeatherPlug?

Comment

I believe all is working in this area.
              If Sites are averaged then the Forecast page will use the averages. If averaging is not used then Forecast will use the 1st Weatherplug data set. If weatherplug is not enabled then Forecast will use the MSNBC data. MSNBC data is always used for future predictions.

Weatherplug data can be stored to the database, if desired, by including the virtual device(s) on the setup tabs.

Comment

Sorry forgot to close the loop. Michael fixed all the problems.

Dennis
                Not too old to learn

Comment

Working...
                X