Not charting with newest version

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not charting with newest version

Just updated new mcstemperature version with new temp08 board. All but charting works nice. Althought changing only older mcstemparature.exe charting works again...

No error in log when debugging. Using international date format (31.12.2003 23:59:59) and scandinavian characters (ö,ä) in database table. This works with older 4.1.2(?) version.

I would really like to keep new version running but need charting too...

Please, any help?

rgds,
    Jussi

What are the symptoms of charts not working?
    Was there anything early in the homeseer log when the plugin initializes that would indicate some type of initialization error?
    There should be nothing dealing with dates or special characters to distinguish earlier and later versions of the plugin. I think most of the changed dealt with the interface to multiple adapters. You can also look at the PR log to see if anything that changed since 4.1.2 may provide a hint in our situation.

Comment

Michael,

No errors at all in the log. No graphs at all - so it doesn't read data even with table selection.
      Web interface just redirects to trend groups page when hitting "to graphs" button.
      HS log then shows:
      ~FormatGroupScreen Progress 0
      ~FormatGroupScreen Progress 1
      ~FormatGroupScreen Progress 2
      ~FormatGroupScreen Progress 3

Maybe I need to check settings again. It could be some stupid configuration error I have made...Althought why does it works with older .exe?

ps. how can I allow guest access to temperature page so that if you want you can see the problem yourself?

Comment

What happens if you try to show a chart using access from either the menu Trend selection or by setting the URL of the browser to temperature.asp?

The temperature.asp file contains a little logic of reading a value from an ini file to allow guests or not. I dont have my server exposed so I have not done anything with it. I suspect if you just remove the logic, or define the ini file and value then it should be available to external users.

Comment

Now it works. Thanks for the quick response.

I installed 4.9.1 and played with display settings "retain setting per client" and "always draw line chart on first access". I don't know what really fixed the problem but now I happy.

rgds,
          Jussi

[This message was edited by Jussi on Tue, 14 October 2003 at 12:29 PM.]

[This message was edited by Jussi on Tue, 14 October 2003 at 12:29 PM.]

Comment

Working...
          X