Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problems installing mcsTemperature 4.8.2

Hello.

I bougth mcsTemp (and also mcsAudrey) few months ago without testing it first because of a problem with the updater (that still exists) not giving me a trial serial number. I then tried to install it but got into some issues and not having the time to deal with (and also because my main intention was to control my Heater with this plugin and learning later this part of mcsControlSystem doesn't work yet) didn't tried any more to make it work.

Now I have a new Rain8 module and I would like to control it with the mcsControlSystem plugin, so I'm triying again to make it work.

I installed the version from the updater, got to the setup and included a easy setup with three virtual devices (from the VWS plugin I use). Went to the Temperature.asp page and got a chart with the data. Few hours later I noticed it didn't added any more data, just the very first dots (may be the first hour).

Alter some trial and messing with the configuration screens I deleted the mcsTemperature.ini and mcsForecast.ini and configured again the plugin but didn't get any more data.

I found the new OCX (4.8.2) and tried with it, but same thing.

Later I replaced the DB with the one from the installer, deleted again the mcsTemperature.ini and mcsForecast.ini and configured again the plugin but same thing.

Then I deleted the DB, the two config files and the OCX, reinstaled again the plugin from the updater and replaced the OCX with the new one but... same thing.

I attach a zip file with some log data, my ini files and DB.

In the log you will find a line like:

13/10/2003 1:07:10~!~mcsTemperature~!~ TemperatureGroup_ASP with Progress 5 No se encontró el elemento en la colección que corresponde con el nombre o el ordinal pedido.

I think it's key to fix it. It minds: "Can't find the element in the collection that corresponds with the name or the ordinal asked."

I'm running HS 1.6.119 with Windows XP Pro Spanish with spanish regional settings.

I hope you can find what is wrong with my setup.

Many thanks in advance.

Mario.
    Attached Files

I can replicate the failure message here with your configuration which means I can figure out why it is happening, but it is getting too late here tonight to start investigating. I dont know why it would stop collecting data after about an hour. I'll let it run overnight and see if it stops here as well.

Comment

Because of all the messing and reinstallation, I guess the problem for stoping collecting data went away.

Now I can see in the log every minute the line:

13/10/2003 11:40:27~!~mcsTemperature Debug~!~Log Temperature Sensor Count=1, INSERT INTO Temperature(SampleDate,OutsideTemp) SELECT #2003-10-13 11:40:27# AS QT,181000 AS Q0

The error I still get is the ~!~mcsTemperature~!~ TemperatureGroup_ASP with Progress 5 No se encontró el elemento en la colección que corresponde con el nombre o el ordinal pedido.
      When I try to access the Temperature.asp page.

Comment

Not only DB, but mcsTemperature.mdb_bck
        file is deleted?

Comment

I didn't delete the mcsTemperature.mdb_bck file

I'll try.

Thanks.

Comment

The problem is two-fold.
            1. The plugin assumed the existence of tables created my mcsControlSystems. I put a check for existence in V4.9.1 to handle this.
            2. An items to display needs to be defined in the Trend Groups page. The plugin will take you to Trend Groups rather than the Trend display if it detects that there are no definitions for what to display. In your case just click on the two checkboxes for your sensor and "Update" from the Trend Groups Web page.

The _bck is the backup database and it plays no bearing. It is only used when management operations from the Database Tab are exercised.

Comment

I will try tomorrow and let you know.

Many thanks.

Comment

Hi Michael.

I tried with the V4.9.1

At first the graph showed some data but after some minutes it stoped showing data.

I tried first with just two virtual temperature devices. Later I added some more under the "Weather Sensors" tab and activate the forecast (didn't work either).

I attach again the ini files and db (the DB after trying "Compact and repair sensor database" and "Delete and recreate sensor table" and restoring it from backup).

The log, until where I guess it the problem, says:

15/10/2003 20:41:44~!~mcsTemperature~!~Version 4.9.1 Registered with Homeseer
                15/10/2003 20:41:44~!~mcsTemperature~!~Temperature database Table C:\Archivos de programa\HomeSeer\mcsTemperature.mdb\Temperature has no data stored
                15/10/2003 20:41:44~!~mcsTemperature~!~Forecast database Table C:\Archivos de programa\HomeSeer\mcsTemperature.mdb\Forecast has no data stored
                15/10/2003 20:41:44~!~mcsTemperature~!~Expanding C:\Archivos de programa\HomeSeer\mcsTemperature.mdb\Forecast to support charting
                15/10/2003 20:41:45~!~mcsTemperature Debug~!~Internal Timer Started
                15/10/2003 20:42:45~!~mcsTemperature Debug~!~Database Timer=1
                15/10/2003 20:42:45~!~mcsTemperature Debug~!~setIO ]60 from 0 to 19
                15/10/2003 20:43:45~!~mcsTemperature Debug~!~Database Timer=1
                15/10/2003 20:43:45~!~mcsTemperature Debug~!~setIO ]60 from 0 to 19
                15/10/2003 20:43:45~!~mcsTemperature Debug~!~Log Temperature Sensor Count=10, INSERT INTO Temperature(SampleDate,OutsideTemp,InsideTemp,WindDirection, WindSpeed,WindGust,DailyRain,OutsideHumidity,InsideOutsideHu midity,Barometer,Ch1Temperature) SELECT #2003-10-15 20:43:45# AS QT,147000 AS Q0,221000 AS Q1,25200 AS Q2,60000 AS Q3,130000 AS Q4,0 AS Q5,810000 AS Q6,560000 AS Q7,1,01104E+07 AS Q8,213000 AS Q9
                15/10/2003 20:43:45~!~mcsTemperature Debug~!~Change Field because El número de valores de consulta y el número de campos de destino son diferentes., error number=-2147217900, Fields=OutsideTemp,6,InsideTemp,6,WindDirection,5,WindSpeed, 5,WindGust,6,DailyRain,1,OutsideHumidity,6,InsideOutsideHumi dity,6,Barometer,11,Ch1Temperature,6

"El número de valores de consulta y el número de campos de destino son diferentes" minds more or less: "The number of values of the query and the number of destiny fields are different".
                Attached Files

Comment

Well, it looks like I'm half way to the sollution.

The plugin now is collecting data but there are some issues. I will try to write later another message with these issues as I'm still triying to figure out.

What I did:
                  - I upgraded the VBScript Engine 5.6.0.6626 spanish to last English version ().
                  - I deleted every entry in the "Weather Sensors" tab. Seems like after this the problem went away.
                  - I created again two devices in this tab, and for the moment it is still working. I will try with more after few hours if everything goes well.

REM: While triying things A LOT of my devices dissapeared. I don't know what plugin to blame (I messed arround with VWS Interface, mcsTemperature and DooMotion, but I had bussy some hours reentering devices and reconfiguring events :-(

Comment

Now, with just three temperature sensors and two speed devices the dataloggin is working and graphs are showing (I see in the graph the speed, in KM/H, multiplied by 100). I will add some more devices in two or three days after I do a backup of /HomeSeer

The forecast is giving me some problems. It's not updating and looking at the log I can see:
                    18/10/2003 12:19:22~!~mcsTemperature~!~UpdateForecastDevices: Overflow

This is the last data from GetWeather.txt:
                    [18/10/2003 12:21:51]
                    function makeWeatherObj() {

this.swCity = "Madrid";
                    this.swSubDiv = "";
                    this.swCountry = "Spain";
                    this.swRegion = "West Europe";
                    this.swTemp = "54";
                    this.swTempCel = Math.round((5/9)*(this.swTemp-32));
                    this.swCIcon = "21";
                    this.swWindS = "2";
                    this.swWindD = "VAR";
                    this.swBaro = "29.85";
                    this.swHumid = "88";
                    this.swReal = "54";
                    this.swUV = "1";
                    this.swVis = "2.17";
                    this.swLastUp = "10/18/2003 04:00:00";
                    this.swConText = "Haze";
                    this.swFore = "7|1|2|3|4|10/18/2003|10/19/2003|10/20/2003|10/21/2003|10/22/2003|39|11|11|12|11|19|13|13|18|14|66|64|65|60|60|30|90|70|9 0|60|11|12|11|12|29|14|18|13|18|4|52|51|49|43|36|";

this.swAcid = "SPXX0050";
                    }

This is the mcsForecast.ini:
                    [Forecast]
                    myACCID="SPXX0050"
                    MetricForecast=true
                    excludeCredits=true
                    showOnlyWebData=true
                    DatabaseName="mcsTemperature.mdb"
                    ForecastTable="Forecast"
                    City="Madrid"
                    Country="Madrid"
                    Region="Spain"
                    BigRadarURL="http://maps.weather.com/web/radar/us_sea_closeradar_large_usen.jpg"
                    RadarURL="http://meteosat.e-technik.uni-ulm.de/cgi-bin/meteosat-movie?imgtype=color-small&startdate=20031016&starttime=1830&stopdate=20031016&st optime=2030&interval=30&D.x=94&D.y=27"
                    LocalTimeOffset="-6"
                    LocalTemperatureDevice="\13"
                    LocalRainDevice="\16"
                    LocalWindDevice="\7"
                    LocalHumidityDevice="\11"
                    LocalHumidityDevice2="\10"
                    ForecastUpdateInterval="15"
                    HumiditySensitivity=""
                    RainSensitivity=""
                    BarometerSensitivity=""

Can you see what is causing it?

Comment

Mario
                      Spain LocalTimeOffset="-6"?
                      i think +5 or +6
                      The source Easter Time = gmt-5
                      CET (Hungary) +6

Comment

melkati,
                        I did update the plugin in V4.10.0 to handle larger numbers for device strings, but I believe you have some data-related problems.

The database that you originally provided had temperature readings that looked to be scaled. The plugin scales data by 100 before storing to the database. I suspect the data placed in the virtual devices are also scaled.

Also note the data being stored for weather readings from an earlier post. Values of over 1 Million are not reasonable.

The Barometer reading from this post caused the plugin some problem. The SQL string is normally "value as Qx", but in the barometer case only "value" showed up. Do you have any hints as to what this might be caused by?

Comment

I actually see why I thought the Barometer had a problem. The reading is shown in exponential notation because it is so big and the European convention is to use the comma to delimit fractional part of a number. The comma is also used in the database query to separate fields so it looked as if there were too many fields to the database engine and it choked. When reasonable data values are in the database then problems of handling the numbers should disappear.

Comment

Hi Droopyear.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Droopyear:
                            Mario
                            Spain LocalTimeOffset="-6"?
                            i think +5 or +6
                            The source Easter Time = gmt-5
                            CET (Hungary) +6<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think the LocalTimeOffset is referenced to the difference between the local time and the MSNBC's, not to the GMT time. Don't you think its right?

Mario.-

Comment

Hi Michael.

I didn't undertud very well your last two messages. I'm afraid am a little lost.

I just installed the new 4.10.0 ocx and deleted the DB to get rid of any possible old bad data. But the problems estill persists.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>The database that you originally provided had temperature readings that looked to be scaled. The plugin scales data by 100 before storing to the database. I suspect the data placed in the virtual devices are also scaled. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

What value? So I can look deeper into the virtual device. I'm using the Virtual Weather Station plugin.

Just to look into the Status, Value and String of the Devices I executed this short script:

Sub main()
                              hs.WriteLog "VWS Info", "DeviceStatus Inside Temperature (\12): " & hs.DeviceStatus("\12")
                              hs.WriteLog "VWS Info", "DeviceValue Inside Temperature (\12): " & hs.DeviceValue("\12")
                              hs.WriteLog "VWS Info", "DeviceString Inside Temperature (\12): " & hs.DeviceString("\12")

hs.WriteLog "VWS Info", "DeviceStatus Wind Speed (\7): " & hs.DeviceStatus("\7")
                              hs.WriteLog "VWS Info", "DeviceValue Wind Speed (\7): " & hs.DeviceValue("\7")
                              hs.WriteLog "VWS Info", "DeviceString Wind Speed (\7): " & hs.DeviceString("\7")

hs.WriteLog "VWS Info", "DeviceStatus Barometer (\14): " & hs.DeviceStatus("\14")
                              hs.WriteLog "VWS Info", "DeviceValue Barometer (\14): " & hs.DeviceValue("\14")
                              hs.WriteLog "VWS Info", "DeviceString Barometer (\14): " & hs.DeviceString("\14")
                              End Sub

And this is the output:

20/10/2003 20:35:14~!~VWS Info~!~DeviceStatus Inside Temperature (\12): 17
                              20/10/2003 20:35:14~!~VWS Info~!~DeviceValue Inside Temperature (\12): 20
                              20/10/2003 20:35:14~!~VWS Info~!~DeviceString Inside Temperature (\12): 20.60
                              20/10/2003 20:35:14~!~VWS Info~!~DeviceStatus Wind Speed (\7): 17
                              20/10/2003 20:35:14~!~VWS Info~!~DeviceValue Wind Speed (\7): 8
                              20/10/2003 20:35:14~!~VWS Info~!~DeviceString Wind Speed (\7): 8.00
                              20/10/2003 20:35:14~!~VWS Info~!~DeviceStatus Barometer (\14): 17
                              20/10/2003 20:35:14~!~VWS Info~!~DeviceValue Barometer (\14): 1005
                              20/10/2003 20:35:14~!~VWS Info~!~DeviceString Barometer (\14): 1005.04

As you said in regional settings I have the comma to delimit fractional part of a number but in the DeviceString it appears with dots. I looked in the text file created by Virtual Weather Station (the one VWS plugin reads to populate the virtual devices) and it's writen with dots, like this (probably because it also uses commas to soperate fields):

1.00,2003,10,20,20,41,45,9,20,62,55,84,20.7,11.7,1005.04,93. 00,28.00,0.00,0,20.5,49,0.0,0,0.0,0,0.00,0.0,0,10.8,21.4,14. 4,9.1,0.000,-0.6,0.6,0.50,0.8,0.8,0.8

May be this the problem? If this is the case, is possible to make mcsTemp check for a dot or comma and make the apropiate adjustes (or have in the configuration a checkbox to chose or a input to setup the decimal separator?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Also note the data being stored for weather readings from an earlier post. Values of over 1 Million are not reasonable.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

To what data it corresponds? May be barometer? Can happen if the barometer value is 1005.04 and mcsTemp scalates it multipliyin by 100 that the result is 10050400 because of the dot instead of comma?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>The Barometer reading from this post caused the plugin some problem. The SQL string is normally "value as Qx", but in the barometer case only "value" showed up. Do you have any hints as to what this might be caused by? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Any of the previous things is relevant?

Many thanks Michael. I'm sorry it's been a difficult setup.

Mario.-

Comment

Working...
                              X