Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DS2406 Switch will not remain on

Michael,

I have finally changed my HVAC controls so that a DS2406 chip can control Heat/Cool/Fan operations. I am using the DS2406 to control a relay which in turn controls the the 24v termostat wires to the HVAC unit. I have started controlling the FAN with this setup but am having a problem with the DS2406 not remaining on. I am including my Temp Graph which shows my turning on the DS2406 every 15 minutes but the DS2406 dropping out at random times. Using IButton to control the DS2406 directly, I don't have this problem. Any Ideas?

I know the answer and you are likely not going to like it. It was discussed in the release notes awhile back. When I transitions to support of multiple adapters on the same PC I needed to disconnect one adapter when connecting a second. In the general case I connect only when needed to communicate.

The DS9097 does not keep the power to the device when disconnected from the drivers. The DS9490 does retain the power.

Mitch suggested an external pullup on the DQ line, but I never tried it.

If you want I can go back and look to see what it would take to keep the drivers connected if only one adapter is connected.

Comment

I think that you hit the nail on the head. If only 1 port adapter is available, don't switch trying to find another.....

Comment

The change has been made to leave the adapter attached to the comm port and drivers if only one adapter is specified. It is "reset" when the poll for devices button is clicked. The mode of operation evaluated each time the setup page is updated or on restart.

Comment

This version appears to have fixed my dropout problem with the DS2406 (transistor version). Thanks for the quick fix....

One other problem. On the graph of the temperature.asp, the lines depicting on/off levels of discrete components does not stop at the bottom of the chart area but the charting continues to write all the way down thru the labels of the axis.....

Thanks....

Comment

Working...
          X