Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problems installing mcsTemperature 4.10.6

Michael,

I'm opening a new thread because the other is difficult to read.

I did not get much from the end of the prior thread. I believe you are storing to the database, but not charting correctly. Could you send me the database, your csv file definition, and the mcsTemperature.ini so I can replicate the problem.

Comment

Here it is
      Attached Files

Comment

I installed the files. Changed the path for the csv file and charted a 72 hour default and had no problems. Since I could not read your prior post do you want to tell me what you tried that did not work.
        Attached Files

Comment

This is the copy of my other post:

---cut---cut---cut------------------------
          hummm! Fast support! Superb!

I looks like it's getting data into the database, but there are some issues I can see:

- When the Temperature.asp is shown this appears in the log:

23/10/2003 20:33:28~!~mcsTemperature Debug~!~Data Elements=360, Data Names=3
          23/10/2003 20:33:28~!~mcsTemperature Debug~!~Draw CD Chart X axis dataIndex limit of 360 exceeded with 420 for index 7 and time delta of 1
          23/10/2003 20:33:28~!~mcsTemperature Debug~!~X Axis Data Completed
          23/10/2003 20:33:28~!~mcsTemperature Debug~!~Y Axis Data Completed

I guess it's not very important, but... just in case.

The only working graphic is "LinSel" any other just gives a black scren (with menus, etc...).

Triying "Table" or "Color" or "LinTab" or "All" I get this in the log:

23/10/2003 20:37:20~!~mcsTemperature Debug~!~FormatTemperatureScreen Progress 0
          23/10/2003 20:37:20~!~mcsTemperature Debug~!~FormatTemperatureScreen Progress 5, Sensor Count=3
          23/10/2003 20:37:20~!~mcsTemperature Debug~!~FormatTemperatureScreen Progress 6 SELECT Avg(CSVInsideTemperature) AS Rave, Min(CSVInsideTemperature) AS Rmin, Max(CSVInsideTemperature) AS Rmax FROM Temperature WHERE SampleDate >=#2003-10-23 15:00# AND SampleDate < #2003-10-23 21:00# AND CSVInsideTemperature<>0 AND (not isNull(CSVInsideTemperature))
          23/10/2003 20:37:20~!~mcsTemperature~!~ FormatTemperatureScreen: La operación en varios pasos generó errores. Compruebe los valores de estado.

"La operación en varios pasos generó errores. Compruebe los valores de estado." minds something like "The process in more than one steeps" (or stages, something like a transaction) "generated errors. Check the state values".

Triying "Line" I get:
          23/10/2003 20:45:44~!~mcsTemperature Debug~!~FormatTemperatureScreen Progress 0
          23/10/2003 20:45:44~!~mcsTemperature Debug~!~Chart SQL=
          23/10/2003 20:45:44~!~mcsTemperature Debug~!~Chart SQL2=
          23/10/2003 20:45:44~!~mcsTemperature Debug~!~Chart SQL3=
          23/10/2003 20:45:44~!~mcsTemperature Debug~!~Draw CD Chart X axis dataIndex limit of 360 exceeded with 420 for index 7 and time delta of 1
          23/10/2003 20:45:44~!~mcsTemperature Debug~!~X Axis Data Completed
          23/10/2003 20:45:44~!~mcsTemperature Debug~!~Y Axis Data Completed

These error happened always (with every old version of the plugin and configuration I tried in the last few days).

---cut---cut---cut------------------------

Mario

Comment

Give V4.10.7 a try. If it does not solve all the problems it will provide more info to help isolate. I still was not able to generate the errors that you were seeing except the dataindex one. This one, however, should not of made any difference.

Comment

I can get just the "LineSel" and "Line" graphs

In all others all I get is a empty screen (with headers, footers and menus).

Comment

For the period you are trying to chart do you have any samples where all your sensors have non-zero values? A blank screen, without error messages, should mean there is no data to plot. In the case of tabular data I make one query and the condition for data to be returned is that all data for that sample is non-zero. For line charts I do one query per line.

There is some legacy to this since the package started without line charting. When the database becomes big the queries have a noticable delay so I wanted to fetch as much data as possible with a single query. The tradeoff for the performace improvement is that samples are discarded when the data values = 0. 0 is used to flag bad data and is also excluded so data would not clutter the x axis scale. I also want to exclude the "bad" data when doing averaging/min/max so these statistics would not be colored.

Try a single sensor where you know you have good data in the period being displayed.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Michael McSharry:
                  For the period you are trying to chart do you have any samples where all your sensors have non-zero values?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, there are.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>In the case of tabular data I make one query and the condition for data to be returned is that all data for that sample is non-zero. For line charts I do one query per line.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't understand. Sould be ALL the data NON-ZERO for it to graph? It's very common with temperatures in centigres, with the wind or the rain.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>There is some legacy to this since the package started without line charting. When the database becomes big the queries have a noticable delay so I wanted to fetch as much data as possible with a single query. The tradeoff for the performace improvement is that samples are discarded when the data values = 0. 0 is used to flag bad data and is also excluded so data would not clutter the x axis scale. I also want to exclude the "bad" data when doing averaging/min/max so these statistics would not be colored.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Can't it made configurable? For example I'm getting data from an Huger WRM918 Weather Station (the German version of the Oregon Scientific WMR918). If there is a problem with a temperature sensor not been received the temperature shows -17.8 Cº (may be this is zero degrees Farenheit? If so, this should be the value to check in temperature fields, isn't it).

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Try a single sensor where you know you have good data in the period being displayed.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Already did and I can't get any data.

I'm attaching las database and INI files.

Mario.-
                  Attached Files

Comment

I can add an option to include zero-value data, but that is not the problem that you are having.

When I use you files I have no problem drawing charts. I attached the 6hr, All selection. If you have a blank display then either there is no data retrieved from the database for the selections made or there was some error message in the log file indicating a problem.

The SQL statements used for the queries are shown in the debug output. They can be retrieved from the ah.log file and pasted into an Access query to see if any data is returned.

It seems very odd to me that you can see line and linsel charts but you see nothing when All is selected since the same queries are formulated for the line chart independent of what is selected for the table and color chart.

Look for some error indication and try the Access query if you are able. If no luck I can add some more into to debug, but there are not too much more that can be leared since without any errors it really means there is no data returned from the query. Since you are able to get line charts it means that regional settings are not causing problems and data in the database is using a date format that is recognized locally.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Trying a "Table" this appears on log:

28/10/2003 22:53:39~!~mcsTemperature Debug~!~FormatTemperatureScreen Progress 0
                      28/10/2003 22:53:39~!~mcsTemperature Debug~!~FormatTemperatureScreen Progress 5, Sensor Count=1
                      28/10/2003 22:53:39~!~mcsTemperature Debug~!~FormatTemperatureScreen Progress 6 SELECT Avg(CSVInsideTemperature) AS Rave, Min(CSVInsideTemperature) AS Rmin, Max(CSVInsideTemperature) AS Rmax FROM Temperature WHERE SampleDate &gt;=#2003-10-28 17:00# AND SampleDate &lt; #2003-10-28 23:00# AND CSVInsideTemperature&lt;&gt;0 AND (not isNull(CSVInsideTemperature))
                      28/10/2003 22:53:39~!~mcsTemperature~!~ FormatTemperatureScreen Progress 64 La operación en varios pasos generó errores. Compruebe los valores de estado.

The meaning of "La operación en varios pasos generó errores. Compruebe los valores de estado." is something like "The process in more than one steep" (something like a transaction) "generated errors. Check the state values".

I have no Access in the HS PC but can install it if you think it's important.

Comment

Looks like your database engine operates differently than mine. I'm not even certain which version of MDAC I'm running. I would guess 2.6 since I did not install SQL Server on my last rebuild.

The code sequence it is complaining about is pretty narrow. I put some more checks in that area and if the problem still occurs I will know exactly which statement is causing the problem. V4.10.8 is available for the next step. No need to install Access. It is not complaining about the queries for which SQL expressions are dumped to the log. You should also check that your MDAC is current with whatever service packs may be available for it.

Comment

The filtering to exclude zero values is done only for Temperature sensors. If you have real temp readings of exactly 0 they will get excluded, but more than likely the actuals will be 0.01 or -0.01 and similiar near-zero values so the number of actual excluded good readings should be in the noise.

Comment

This is what I get in the log now:

29/10/2003 2:09:34~!~mcsTemperature Debug~!~FormatTemperatureScreen Progress 0
                            29/10/2003 2:09:34~!~mcsTemperature Debug~!~FormatTemperatureScreen Progress 5, Sensor Count=3
                            29/10/2003 2:09:34~!~mcsTemperature Debug~!~FormatTemperatureScreen Progress 6 SELECT Avg(CSVInsideTemperature) AS Rave, Min(CSVInsideTemperature) AS Rmin, Max(CSVInsideTemperature) AS Rmax FROM Temperature WHERE SampleDate &gt;=#2003-10-28 21:00# AND SampleDate &lt; #2003-10-29 3:00# AND CSVInsideTemperature&lt;&gt;0 AND (not isNull(CSVInsideTemperature))
                            29/10/2003 2:09:34~!~mcsTemperature~!~ FormatTemperatureScreen Progress 642 La operación en varios pasos generó errores. Compruebe los valores de estado.

Comment

V4.10.9 should have it solved. THe space allocated for the path to the databaes appears to be the problem. Your path is longer than mine and yours must of just gone over the allocated space. I bumped up other local string allocations as well.

Comment

Working...
                              X