No announcement yet.

Problems installing mcsTemperature 4.10.6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally it looks like if it's working!!!

I can get all the graphs I tried!

Michael, thank you very much for you support. I know you worked a lot to have my issues solved. THANKS.

REM: Now lets try to have the Forecast working.

There is a copy of my Forecast screen. (How do you resize the images with so good quality?)
    Attached Files

Comment

The selection date looks OK to me. It is asking for the data on the 29th at 8 oclock.

The local wind display comes from the virtual device specified on the Forecast setup Tab for Wind Sensor. I suspect you have wind speed stored in the wind direction virtual device.

The baro from the web has the decimal substitution problem. I fixed it in V4.11.1.

Rain and Rain rate also come from virtual devices. Daily rain is specified in the Forecast Tab. It search for Rain Rate type for the other. What I did do in V4.11.1 was use the semicolon rather than the comma to separate the fields to make reading it easier.

I added a little more space for the data box so wrapping would not occur. This is only on non-touchscreen displays. The box is maxed-out for the 640x480 touchscreen and cannot be increased in size there.

Note that the UV/Rain column show UV for the web row and rain info for the Loc row.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>The selection date looks OK to me. It is asking for the data on the 29th at 8 oclock.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

If a press the Select button I get just a white empty screen and in the log:

04/11/2003 18:41:47~!~mcsTemperature~!~ ForecastASP: Error de sintaxis en la fecha en la expresión de consulta 'v_LastUp &gt;=#11/04/2003 7#'.

Minds: Syntax error in the date in the query expression.

If I manually change the default to "11/04/2003 7:00" it works.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>The local wind display comes from the virtual device specified on the Forecast setup Tab for Wind Sensor. I suspect you have wind speed stored in the wind direction virtual device.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I guess the problem is I have no "N,S,W,E" etc. in the virtual device for wind direction but degrees.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>The baro from the web has the decimal substitution problem. I fixed it in V4.11.1.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It is still wrong with 4.11.2. Check the attached image.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Rain and Rain rate also come from virtual devices. Daily rain is specified in the Forecast Tab. It search for Rain Rate type for the other. What I did do in V4.11.1 was use the semicolon rather than the comma to separate the fields to make reading it easier.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

As you can see in the image, one has two decimals and the other three. Shouldn't be the same for visual consistency?
        Attached Files

Comment

The date displayed for the forecast is the last entry recorded from MSNBC. In my case it provides values such as 10 AM. Apparently you only get 10. I added logic to accomodate in v4.11.3.

I also attempted to convert wind angle to wind direction. See if it works for you.

The barometer reading conversion is done at time of data received rather than at time of display. Try again now that there has been time to collect more data and it should be correct on the display.

I do not reformat the rain rate from what is already formatted in the virtual device. Does your virtual device show 0,000 for the rate?

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>In my case it provides values such as 10 AM. Apparently you only get 10. I added logic to accomodate in v4.11.3.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I can see no change. What should be changed exactly?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>I also attempted to convert wind angle to wind direction. See if it works for you.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Works!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>The barometer reading conversion is done at time of data received rather than at time of display. Try again now that there has been time to collect more data and it should be correct on the display.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No change.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>I do not reformat the rain rate from what is already formatted in the virtual device. Does your virtual device show 0,000 for the rate?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes it does.
            Attached Files

Comment

Also... I'm still getting the

05/11/2003 6:57:04~!~mcsTemperature~!~UpdateForecastDevices 2 Overflow
              05/11/2003 9:01:45~!~mcsTemperature~!~UpdateForecastDevices 2 Overflow

I just enabled the "Special Debug Log" just in case is needed.

Comment

The change made for the date storage deals with the Select button. It will work with a time such as 10 rather than 10:00 or 10 AM.

I thought I had changed the barometer, but it was not changed. V4.11.4 has it in there. It should take of the overflow as well.

I added formatting for the rate outputs if the plugin is configured to format output strings in HTML. If not configured for HTML formatting then the output will be the same as the input source. It is not raining now so could not confirm non-zero values, but it should be ok.

Comment

Working...
                X