Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ultra Suite - mcsTemperature plugin Data Issues?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ultra Suite - mcsTemperature plugin Data Issues?

I'm having problems getting ultra suite to work with mcsTempewrature. Anybody aware of an issue?

Dennis
    Not too old to learn

I did change all the degree symbols to be compatible with UltraView, but never did get UltraView to work. Dont know if it mcsTemperature compatibility or not. I believe Bill Walton has both working, however.

Comment

Thanks Michael. Hopefully Bill will chime in with his solution. I've done an extensive process of elimination (down to doing nothing in mcsTemperature but starting it up so all it creates are the error counters and forecast data but it still hangs trying to parse the data.) I've posted a bit more of the specifics in the "script Forum" with the hope UltraJones might have some thoughts as well.

BTW have you had a chance to look at Forecast.asp and see what is causing the double degree symbols to showing when "averaged" WeatherPlug data is used for "current conditions"? Looks like your posting the data including the symbol.

Dennis
      Not too old to learn

Comment

The code that dynamically generates the XML file has the ability to encode the degree symbol. To save CPU, the default script doesn't test every device for the offending characters, just the devices type "Temperature Probe". With a little effort, you can add this converstion to the devices types used by mscTemperature Plugin.

Note: Within the code below, "& # 1 7 6 ;" appears as "°" because of HTML encoding.

From ultra_view2_xml.inc:
        <pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">

case "Temperature Probe"
        '
        ' Need special handling when strDeviceString contains a temperature value
        '
        if strDeviceString = "" then
        '
        ' Can not convert unknown value to [temperature].gif, so use unknown.gif
        '
        strDeviceString = "Unknown"
        strDeviceIcon = "unknown.gif"
        else
        '
        ' Convert degree character to HTML degree to avoid XML errors
        '
        strDeviceString = replace(strDeviceString, "°", "&#176;")

'
        ' Convert device string to [temperature].gif
        '
        if Instr(strDeviceString, ".") then
        strDeviceIcon = Left(strDeviceString, (Instr(strDeviceString, ".") -1))
        elseif InStr(strDeviceString, "&#176 ;") then
        strDeviceIcon = Left(strDeviceString, (Instr(strDeviceString, "&#176;") -1))
        else
        strDeviceIcon = "unknown"
        end if
        strDeviceIcon = BuildIcon(strDeviceIcon)
        end if

</pre>

Regards,
        Ultrajones
        Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Is there a way that a degree symbol can be shown in both the homeseer GUI status and UltraView so that no conversion is needed in Ultraview. When I have mcsTemperature use chr(176) then the GUI if fine, but Ultraview is not. When I use "&#176;" then the homseer GUI shows it literally, but the homeseer web view for device status shows the degree symbol.

Comment

I'm leaving on a work trip tomorrow and won't be back for a week or so. I'll tackle it as soon as I return. I'm not a programmer type so it will be a copy and modify effort. Thanks for the direction.

Dennis
            Not too old to learn

Comment

an identical case statement for "Temperature". I copied and pasted the "Temperature Probe" case and called it "Temperature".

Is this the problem you're trying to solve, or do you mean something else when you say "work with"?

--
              Bill

Comment

I have UltraView2 and mcsTemperature working fine, but I had to extensively hack the ultra_view2_xml.vbs to cater for the degree signs etc.

I can't remember exactly what I changed, but the result is attached if it's any use.

I do remember that the best plan was to put lots of debug statements (still in, but commented out) to write the exact strings being used to the HS log, then keep working on it until all the incompatibilities were ironed out.

Both these excellent plug ins deserve to be together !!
                Attached Files

Comment

is that UltraJones prefers to use his own Includes and works directly with HomeSeer (creating device names that take advantage of HS default for icon filenames, etc.) while MCS and others use a common set of Includes that are on the Updater and provide for more explicit icon filenames and other HTML.

--
                  Bill

Comment

As best I can tell the problem that I'm having with UltraView is with the house code "&". Has anyone running UltraView reached this house code yet? It also gives me problems in other areas. It may be a good candidate to be excluded from the list of house codes allocated by Homeseer.

Code ' and ` and " require special processing when they become part of database data that are used as part of data queries and filters.

Code [ requires special processing if it is the first character of an ini file key.

The & is treated as a control character that seems to result in the next character being underscored when used in VB captions.

Comment

Michael, Yes, I have the same & problem with RCSTemp plugin (&1 - &10 device codes) and Ultra_View2. I posted a couple times now with no response. OK - is there a way to not use the & and to use the next device code available with a plugin? Uninstall RCSTemp, delete all but one &, reinstall RCSTemp (which should take the next code? and then delete the remaining & code?

Comment

I believe you will need to have a plugin that owns this house code otherwise Homeseer will continue to give it out as the next available house code. If you delete all devices with the & house code I believe HS will think it is available for use.

Comment

I plan to install any ole plugin, then install the RCS serial thermostat that I really want to install. Then, delete the "any ole plugin" to evacuate that device code. I guess I will have to continue to do this for each new plugin I install so that the dreaded & doesn't get used as a "production" plugin house code.

I "lucked out" this go around, because when I uninstalled the thermostat, it deleted it's house code it was using & and when I added it back it used " ' " instead. Haven't checked if ' is before or after &. I assume there is a list of XML chokers around that a search would turn up. Then, I believe I saw a list in HS of what order the plugins grab housecodes to see how many times I will have to go through this in the near future as I install plugins.

Wish UltraJones had a code work around

I was very tempted to just stop using UltraSuite as I use MainLobby as the primary UI, but kinda like having Ultra running too as a web based UI that is still cool.

Comment

Working...
                          X