Forecast functionality in mcsTemperature

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Forecast functionality in mcsTemperature

I'm trying to get the forecast functionality of mcsTemperature to run as a regular event(that populates virtual devices) but I currently have to run it manually within the general setup. Where should I begin to get this working?

The main setup tab has a checkbox to update Forecast and a text box to specify the update interval.

Comment

I think I checked the update forecast button but I must have the interval set really high. I'll take a look once I get home.

Comment

OK, I just checked the Interface/Main tab on the General Setup page and it is setup to update every 30 minutes....but the last update dates(and values) on the virtual forecast devices don't change and the forecast.asp page from clicking on the mcsTemperature menu is off also. Any ideas on getting this working?

I noticed that there are numerous options on the Forecast tab in General Setup about WeatherXML and WeatherPlug. Should I (or do I) need to use either one of these to get these working. I currently have "Get From Weather XML File" and "Get from Weather XML Site" checked.

Comment

SmithAtlanta,
          I'm not sure about mcsTemperatures but the WeaterXML script has a full blown forecast that it creates. Here is the small forecast and following that is the full blown forecast. It's a free script to boot.
          Attached Files
          -Rupp
          sigpic

Comment

Forecast info form one of 3 locations. Default is MSNBC using the ACCID/ZIP code you enter. Two Options for WeatherXML. One where you run the WeatherXML script and use the file that is downloaded by that script. The second is your edit your mcsForecast.ini with the Weather.com license info and let mcsTemperature download the file from Weather.com. Either 0 or 1 of the WeatherXML checkboxes. In your case it should be neither and then change it later if you want to change from MSNBC.

Comment

I unchecked both and I'm up and running. Thanks for your help and writing this wonderful module. The combo of your software, midon designs Temp05 / Temp08 and temp sensors, and the one wire weather station really give me a huge amount of information. By using this for a year, you really get a good feel where cold or hot spots are in your house. I've added several HVAC returns in rooms where the temp varies a good bit and it's helped. I've also realized that the single pane glass windows in my house really make my HVAC system work alot to maintain temperature.

Comment

Working...
              X