1 wire data window issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1 wire data window issue

I had to unplug my temp05 for about 10-15 mins yesterday and now I'm getting a repeating statement in the monitor window like this:

11:34:27 | Missing #04[3B000800491F5B10]
    11:34:27 | >
    11:34:27 | Restore #09[C30008004932EE10]
    11:34:27 | >

I do get results back from my various sensors when I do a DIS or TMP but it's no longer grabbing the sensor info every 5 minutes or so. I just get the repeating Missing / Restore. Any info would be great since I've never seen this before.

Is the light on the unit flashing green when idle and red when it takes a reading?
    -Rupp
    sigpic

Comment

When it goes red, I see the sensors info displayed in the monitor window and then when it turns green, I get the constant missing / restore. The sensor info doesn't seem to be making it to the database to get displayed in homeseer for some reason. I only have the info from when I initially plugged it in yesterday.

Comment

The Temp05 controls the show and if it does not periodically send data then it cannot be recorded. I believe the missing / restore messages occur when the Temp05 INI has identified a sensor to be connected, but when it addresses it to get its current reading then it is missing. THe restore means that it found it later. Overall it means that there is a problem with the physical wiring. Mitch will have much better suggestions on what to do to get the Temp05 back into a stable reporting mode.

Comment

The missing messages indicate that a sensor cannot be found 10 times in a row during the continuous poll that occurs whenever temperature readings are not being taken. The restore message indicates that it has been located again. Your specific messages though don't match up - sensor 4 goes missing, but sensor 9 is restored. Regardless, this is an indication of a wiring/bus problem.

Can you explain why you think that the 5 minute poll is not working? If you do a DIS command, does the time for the poll still show 5 minutes?

Mitch
          http://www.midondesign.com

Comment

Working...
          X