Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem with chart

Hi,

If I try to change the end date, my charts go "goofy" and the cure to problem seems to be editing the ini file and changing the vaule of DefaultAGregate to "min" where it had been set by some part of the previous action to none. When this behavior starts all other existing groups stop working and the resultant line charts do not display all of the selected sensors. Also when this starts the dat is no longer displayed oin the chart This also coincides with overflow errors or subscript out of range error being written into the homeseer log.

Also charting for the day nevers seems to work for me. Yearly does work, monthly does work but most of the other cause the behavior described above to start. Or entering an earlier end date seems NOT to work. My mdb file has over a years worth of data. I am running verison 4.30.2 I enter the end date in the form mm/dd/yy Hr where Hr is military time.

Any thoughts on where to look

-Rick
    -Rick

The periods that end in "ly" use all the data in the database and aggregate it based upon increasing intervals. For daily average you should expect a chart that spans 24 hours on the x axis and the y axis will contain the average, min, or max for the interval of time that represents 1 pixel width/24s. Perhaps 5 minutes. I think weekly spans 7 days to allow. Yearly is 365 days.

This was something interesting when first viewed, but never revisited it over the months as other features and variations were added. The same is true for the "forecast" period. I'll take a look with specific focus on the the misbehavior you are seeing. When Groups were introduced the Aggregate method was moved from a selectable item on the chart page into a group definition to conserve space for a 640x480 display. There is probably some association that was lost over the months that needs to be restored.

Comment

I gave this for a spin and saw a few things, but not to the degree that you seem to. My Agg field always reverts to "None". I believe it comes into play primarily with the color intensity charts. I did not yet look into why it is being set to "None".

I often get missing bars on the color intensity chart and this is a client/server problem with such a large number of images being transfered. If the page is saved and redisplayed as an HTML file then everyting shows up.

All the data for a specific pixel-time must be non-zero otherwise it will exclude the data with the assumption that the data was a bad reading. This could make charts choppy. It is improved by reducing the number of lines drawn at the same time so fewer samples are excluded.

I did see when doing "daily" that I get an overflow and I fixed that. I did see when doing "weekly" that the x axis is not labeled as 1 ..7, but 9..15. This is only cosmetic and I did nothing about it. I played with varous values of the end date and it made no difference on the "ly" charts, as expected. It did change the ending date on the others which is also as expected.

Can you give me a specific setup that gives you problem so I can try to see it myself?

Comment

Working...
      X