Lm34 and Seci16i

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lm34 and Seci16i

I am using LM34's and anaolg inputs on an SECU16I, can MCSTemperature use the values set in the Ocelot variables directly? Or will I need to do a lot of work to integtrate the values into the plug-in?

My recollection is that the ocelot delivers integer values into Homeseer's DeviceValue. It also does not format the device string. Given this situation and all that you want are integer values from the ocelot then there is no work beyond identifying the device code that should be used. If the deviceValue returned from the ocelot needs some type of transformation to a usable number then you will need to do this transform. The result can be stored in the same device's DeviceString or another device's DeviceString and mcsTemperature will use that as the source rather than the DeviceValue.

Comment

Michael,
      You are correct (why am I not suprised). The values are integer and placed in the device string. Any calculations required can be done in the Ocelot via the Cmax programing language prior to placing the result in the desired device string. I just wanted to be sure I could use the plug-in without making any hardware changes before investing.

Thanks, Gardner.

Comment

Working...
      X