Newbie help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbie help

I need HS to speak some temperatures. I have 12 temp sensors on the 9x9x interface. They are all working and visible in the divice window.

What variables do I need for this.

A code snippet would be perfect but a point in the proper direction would be appreciated.

My apologies for the low level question but I am just getting into this.

Thanks

Greg

Greg,
    You say you already have the temps being displayed in the device window. As a quick test try this and then we can expound on it. Create a new event. Manual trigger is ok for now. Add this line to the scripts/speech tab > script to run field and let me know what it speaks. & hs.speak(hs.deviceString ("A1")) and see if anything is spoken. If not let me know.
    -Rupp
    sigpic

Comment

Just a little more info

Thanks.

I now have managed to get the values spoken using hs.deviceValue.

However (isn't there always one) in this example the displayed value is 39.2 and the spoken value is 39. How do I get it to say the exact value.

Thanks

Comment

It must be storing 39 in the deviceValue but showing 39.2 in the device string. Try a msgbox on the value to see what is being stored.
        -Rupp
        sigpic

Comment

I checked the the string values using the msgbox and got 39.2 and the stored value for the device as 39.

Could there be a setting in setup somewhere that is set to round off or to an integer value?

Thanks

Comment

Working...
          X