Evaluate trigger line 970 Type mismatch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Evaluate trigger line 970 Type mismatch

16/02/2005 8:46:46 PM~!~mcsTemperature~!~EvaluateTrigger: on line 970 Type mismatch

This happened after I changed temperature control event logic from

average of R1 and R3 increases to S3 (which isn't working, by the way)

to

average of R1 and R3 goes outside lower limit 0 and upper limit S3

R1 and R3 are humidity sensors and S3 stores a calculated humidity value. When R1/R3 goes above S3 I turn off my humidifier. I also have the opposite event, which has been turning on my humidifer (by luck?) every retrigger period (60 minutes)

Tonight was the first time I saw the avg of R1 & R3 go above the target (and the event to stop the humidifier not work) since I've had this running (a few weeks now)

condition code running for disabled event

More strange behaviour (IMO). I had turned off (disabled) the events with the new logic above but found that all day today (every minute) the "line 970 Type mismatch" was logged.

I changed the logic back to "fix" this, but doesn't disabling a temperature event stop the condition code from running?

Comment

I'm traveling again so limited on the ability to test the HS interface, but I can test the logic. The plugin will always evaluate all its triggers that have been defined, but HS will not act upon a report of a satisfied trigger condition when the event has been disabled. The "Disable" acts like an event condition that will never be satisfied.

Comment

V4.32.11 is posted at the top of the subForum. There we no provisions for lower limit as a virtual device and that was causing the error. It looks like this virtual device capability was added incrementally as there was various techniques used for each type of condition. I went through and made them all so they would strip HTML and use the number from the device string if the trigger box entry was not already a number. It also means that the default number will be 0 if no number exists in the device string.

The logic for exceeding a one-sided limit tracks the sensor vs a fixed limit. It does not attempt to track a sensor vs a moving limit which could exist if you use a virtual device as the limit. For example, using data for a 5 minute period the following will not generate a low limit trigger because the sensor (R1/R3) did not change under a S3 limit

Ave R1, R3 = 10, 10, 10, 10, 10
        S3 = 0, 5, 10, 15, 20

The following will yield a trigger on the 10 to 0 transition of R1/R3

Ave R1, R3 = 30, 20, 10, 0, -10
        S3 = 0, 5, 10, 15, 20

If you use the band limits then the trigger will occur if either the band limits moves toward the sensor or the sensor moves toward the band limits.

Comment

Working...
        X