more than one DS9097?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

more than one DS9097?

is it possible to run more than one DS9097u on the same computer? my furnace Leaving air temp program requires rather fast temp updates.. once every 3 or 4 seconds. I currently have it on one wire and MCStemp and it works great. however i have otherthings id rather use one wire for instead of bobcats on the ocelot.. but every temp sensor on the same net slows down the readings for the furnace.. so I want it to remain on its own and have other things such as room temps on another net.. will the drivers and MCStemp support this?

-Christopher
    PerfecTemp - the Most advanced HVAC system I've ever Built - and its in my House

Yes it does. The port list and the update times are entered as comma-separated entries. If you have one-wire discrete outputs you will want to use DS9490 (usb) rather than DS9097U (serial). When the ports are cycled the discretes loose their state with the DS9097U

Comment

im not sure what you mean by discreets.. but if the DS9490's can run more than ione of them then I will go ahead and order a couple of them.. any ideas ona good place to get them?

and is it just a DS9490 or are there variants like there are the 9097's?

-Christopher
      PerfecTemp - the Most advanced HVAC system I've ever Built - and its in my House

Comment

If you are using DS2405 or DS2406 then the problem occurs. I observed it and another user observed it when the multi-port was implemented. I did not observe it with a DS9490 connected to the DS2405 and temp sensors connected to the DS9097U.

I do not know why the problem exists, nor why it only exists with the DS9097U. To my knowledge there is only one variant to the DS9490.

Comment

I ordered a DS9490 from AAG, it took a really long time to arrive (over three weeks I believe), and there is no way to track the status of your order. While waiting, I ordered another one from Maxim. I'd suggest ordering from Maxim if your in a hurry. Maxim took two or three days before they processed the order, but after that, it was shipped and arrived in a couple of days.
          HS: 2.5.0.60
          Environment: Virtual XP as guest in VMWare Server running under Win 7
          Plug-ins: MLHSPlugin|RCS Serial Thermostat|UltraLog|UltraMon|
          Misc: 303 Devices, 313 Events, 68+ Scripts

HSeer: 3.0.0.54
          Plug-ins: BLGData|BLRF|BLRadar|BLRandom|BLSpeech
          UltraM1G3|UltraECM3|UltraMon3|UPBSpud|Z-Wave
          Misc: 148 Devices, 116 Events, 9+ Scripts (so far, still converting)

Comment

Ii concur about AAG. I order the LCD and it was DOA on arrival. Phone calls were answered by a machine and emails are ignored. I ordered the LCD from Hong Kong and it arrived in about a week. This was after receiving an email after purchase with a "be patient" warning since it was being shipped from Hong Kong. The ebay strore front where feedback is the life blood of the sellers is a powerful force to assure happy customers.

Comment

I only plan to use DS18b20 or variant temp sensors on the 9490's... I ordered some ds18b20's direct from maxim and it took me nearly a month to get them.. am I just stuck wating a month to get a DS9490 r is there a better place?

-CHristopher

Comment

Mltiple DS9097U will work fine for temp sensors. I have no particular advice for obtaining the parts. I did obtain most of mine from Maxim. I did pay attention to the stock-level/delivery backlog on their site when I did order. I know at one time the DS9097 was something like 6 months backlog. That was several years ago. They do have distributors and they may be better situated for small quantity orders.

Comment

Many of the 1-wire parts seem to be on back order from all the other vendors I tried, at least regarding the sensors. I couldn't find the temp sensors anywhere, so I gambled a bit and found some on E-bay. When I ordered the USB adapter it was indeed in stock. Right now, it appears to be showing a week lead time, good luck, this stuff isn't easy to find.
                  HS: 2.5.0.60
                  Plug-ins: MLHSPlugin|RCS Serial Thermostat|UltraLog|UltraMon|
                  Misc: 303 Devices, 313 Events, 68+ Scripts

HSeer: 3.0.0.54
                  Plug-ins: BLGData|BLRF|BLRadar|BLRandom|BLSpeech
                  UltraM1G3|UltraECM3|UltraMon3|UPBSpud|Z-Wave
                  Misc: 148 Devices, 116 Events, 9+ Scripts (so far, still converting)

Comment

Working...
                  X