Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michael McSharry
    replied
    It uses the sensor index (e.g. Temp #1) to identify the sensor so the ??? would be treated as a bad reading and the action is to repeat previous or set to zero depending upon your setup option. When the index/serial number relationship changes in mid-stream then the data collected will be associated with the wrong sensor. Temp #2 will go from 21 to 27 and then back to 21 in the three samples you showed.

Leave a comment:

• aiqy65
    replied
    Looks like the Temp08 is having a problem

Now having captures a days worth of raw data from the temp08 I have found a few question marks burried in the data. Would this cause the average graph to drop or does it ignore those readings and continue as if nothing happened?

It also added a sensor and then took it away. That may be the one thats upset the temperature graphs.

I will send a log to the man at Midon and see is he can shed any light on it

Cheers
    Lee

THU 07:13:29
    Reading Sensors...
    Lightning #01[5500000009EB711D]=36798,59450
    Temp #01[370000010AE0C428]=26.93C
    Temp #02[4A000801419AC910]=20.93C
    >
    THU 07:14:29
    Reading Sensors...
    Lightning #01[5500000009EB711D]=36822,59474
    Temp #01[5500000009EB711D]= ???
    Temp #02[370000010AE0C428]=26.87C
    Temp #03[4A000801419AC910]=21.00C
    >
    THU 07:15:29
    Reading Sensors...
    Lightning #01[5500000009EB711D]=36840,59492
    Temp #01[370000010AE0C428]=26.87C
    Temp #02[4A000801419AC910]=21.00C

Leave a comment:

• aiqy65
    replied
    Power Average Glitches

Continuing on from the previous post I have reconnected the power counter and captured one of the regular downward spikes in what would otherwise be a nice flat line average graph.
    Picture, Log file (see time stamp at 12:11.27) and the current ini file attached for inspection.

Cheers
    Lee
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• aiqy65
    replied
    Things are looking good.

Things are looking good.
    I am getting a very nice daily usage graph. That 100%
    also the average usage is also working 99% but it has a little blip every "update interval" and drops the average down from 180 to 130 and then it goes back to the 180 average. The supply being monitored is steady at the moment so its not a usage variation. I can vary the hit in the average by changing the temp08 update reading in the settings. Currently that part of the 1 wire is now disconnected because of the below.

Also the blip seems to have crept into the temperature readings a few versions ago. It is not regular like the power average and hits all 1 wire temp devices at the same time. I have shrunk the 1 wire system down to 2 temp devices thinking its a problem with the "wires" but even with only 2 sensors it still happens. I have managed to capture the "event in question" Picture and log attached.

Does it give a clue to your expert eye or do you need some more data capturing?

I would also like to put on record for all to see my appreciation for the support you give to this very excellent package. Without it the "script incapable" HS owners like me would be up the creek without a paddle.

Cheers
    Lee
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Michael McSharry
    replied
    Another attempt is posted. I think you should have what you need.

Leave a comment:

• aiqy65
    replied
    For the eyes of the Expert

Log and ini file as requested

Thanks
    Lee
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Michael McSharry
    replied
    I do not see anything by looking at the source. Enable the general debug and collect data while the Temp08 is delivering one sample interval of data. Post this and the current mcsTemperature.ini file.

Leave a comment:

• aiqy65
    replied
    It stopped at midnight

Started fresh without an ini file or database and recreated everything OK
    Got a nice climbing line of "Wattage Today" upto midnight where it went back to zero and has stayed there ever since. Logging is still going on as I am getting data for other 1 wire divices OK. Wattage rate has never moved from zero and the two water counters that appear after I change things to Watts are running up huge numbers.
    Thanks for your help

Cheers
    Lee

Leave a comment:

• Michael McSharry
    replied
    Try again. I probably closed the window before it completed the upload.

Leave a comment:

• aiqy65
    replied
    Where is the new version hiding?

Either I am looking in the wrong place or the board is hiding it from me somewhere.

Should it be in the first message with the revision history?

Cheers
    Lee

Leave a comment:

• Michael McSharry
    replied
    Give V5.6.7 a try. It is posted at the top of this subforum

Leave a comment:

• aiqy65
    replied
    Getting there

I have managed (dont ask me how!) to get a nice saw tooth grap out of the box for energy usage. Starting from scratch it counted up nicely from zero and reset at midnight. But as can be seen from the attached graph rather than drop back to zero it has decided that its new base line will be something else and is happy with that !!
    Also the wattage rato is a zero and doesnt want to budge.

I did get a couple of overflow errors from the water counters that wont go away but that seems to have settled down now.
    Any help appreciated

Thanks
    Lee
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Michael McSharry
    replied
    I made changes to try to accomodate the two counters. I also saw where the only support for wattage was with the DS9097U/DS9490 so I also tried to add that for the Temp05/08. Give the attachment a try to see if it helps your situation. You should also clear out the bad history so you will not get overflows.
    Last edited by Michael McSharry; June 26, 2007, 10:40 AM.

Leave a comment:

• 8r1an
    replied
    The newer firmware of the Temp08 from 2.07 reads both channels of the counter when set as lightning

Lightning #01[AE0000000A02E41D]=00207,23588

Leave a comment:

• Michael McSharry
    replied
    There is also a device type field in the .ini file and this is used to distinguish water from watts. If you edit manually did this also needs to be adjusted. Why not just change the device on the mcsTemperature page from a Water Flow to a Wattage counter? This should allow the plugin to make all the ini settings consistent.

If you are using a Temp08 then it only provides a returned value for one of the two counters unless this has changed from the earlier firmware. mcsTemperature will only create 4 devices if it is connected to the DS9097U/DS9490.

What is the rate of change of your counter? Will it often overlfow the 16 bit counter in a relatively short amount of time? I forget if the rate is a moving average or based upon the slope of two counts that are perhaps 3 samples apart. If you have a high counter change over a short period of time then the rate will be high, but the rate should not increase if utilization is steady.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X