X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Forecast has no data stored on line 1710

Good day everyone,

I looked at my logfile and have the following error;

2005/05/01 00:58:49~!~mcsTemperature~!~Forecast database Table C:\Program Files\HomeSeer\mcsTemperature.mdb\Forecast has no data stored on line 1710 Invalid use of Null

Is there anybody who can shine some light on the above?

I have no idea on how to resolve this.

Kind regards,

Ralph Lehmann
    Last edited by RILehmann; June 2, 2005, 02:57 PM.

During startup mcsTemperature looks for the last record in the Forecast table and reports it in the log. The message means that the table was created, but no data has ever been stored in it.

There are a few ways to retrieve the data from MSNBC or WeatherXML. What have your setup to do it on the Foreast Tab?

Comment

Thanks for the swift reply;

I attached "Forecast Tab.JPG" for you to peruse. I hope this helps. Am I correct in assuming the WeatherPLUG makes no provision for weather data in my country? (South Africa).

WeatherXML seems to be doing a pretty good job, however the data is being retrieved from weather.com. I have no problem with that seeing our wather websites lack some of the flexibility I see you guys are enjoying over there.

As fas as the Forecast is concerned, it was the first time this weekend where I actually saw data (not local sensors) on the forecast.asp page. But this was subsequent to installing the WeatherPLUG. So I "think" the values represented "may" not be from my local region. If this is the case then WeatherPLUG may not be my answer.

Looking forward to your reply...

Ralph Lehmann
      Attached Files

Comment

I believe WeatherPLUG is only for USA locations. I know there are no AWS sites in Europe.

The setup for WeatherXML in mcsTemperature should present a trio of radio buttons rather than two checkboxes. The options are MSNBC (no checkboxes), WeatherXML retrieved directly by mcsTemperature from weather.com (site checkbox), or WeatherXML from a file that was deposited by the WeatherXML script (file checkbox). If you have the site checkbox then you need to manually edit the \Config\mcsForecast.ini file to include the location and license info. If this edit is not in the manual then it is posted in this forum at least once by Droopyear. He was the one that provided the WeatherXML interface within mcsTemperature.

Try setup of just one Weather site and see if anything improves. There are some debug optons as well so if you still have a problem we can go that route.

Comment

Good evening Michael,

My preferred settings would be to retrieve data from the weather.com site. I attach a screenshot of what my Forecast tab looks like now. I have tried other settings too, but have recently realised I'm getting no updates, or more accurately have not seen any automated updates. The initial data on two occasions may have come from removing and readding the mscTemp plug-in. (not sure). My /weathercom_xml/weatherpad.asp page does not update, and the /forecast.asp page only shows local sensors (bottom line). Incidently, I have never seen icons appear on this page either.

I'll attach a number of screen shots and files that I hope you won't mind perusing in an effort to alleviate my frustrations...

Kind regards,

Ralph Lehmann
          Attached Files

Comment

Sorry,

Some other files I am sure you'll be asking for...
            Attached Files

Comment

There is a download WeatherXML that gets it data from Weather.com and places an xml file in folder \Data\WeatherXML\. This is the one that is recognized by mcsTemperature. I dont use it myself so I cannot be to much help which its setup. It looks to me as you also get data from Weather.com but it is stored as a set of name/value pairs rather than XML. Your weathercom_xml/weatherpad.asp is also something I'm not familiar with.

WeatherXML requires a registration key that is free from Weather.com There is a discussion thread on WeatherXML. For use of this feed you must agree to some things which include a download at rates no greater than twice per hour.

At this stage it looks like you are trying to put the square peg in a round hole. The XML from Weather.com or the MSNBC site are the two sources supported by mcsTemperature.

Comment

Small remark
                The Johannesbourg time offset equal central europe +6 hours
                The source time MSNBC is EST = UTC-5, Johannesbourg = UTC+1 >> +6 hours

Comment

Better late then never

Thanks for your input guys. I have managed to resolve my problem.

Comment

Small remark 2
                    copy your from weathercom_xml.ini to mcsforecast.ini next
                    [Settings]
                    CodeArea=aaa
                    PartnerID=bbb
                    License=ccc
                    units=ddd

to:
                    [WeatherXML]
                    CodeArea=aaa
                    PartnerID=bbb
                    License=ccc
                    Units=ddd
                    mintime=30

and working the mcstemp-forecast-get from weatherxml SITE if your checked

Comment

Thanks again. I just checked. Those entries are already there. How I have no idea though.

Ralph

Comment

Check this
                        the ini to config
                        the txt to scripts
                        and create event recurring 30 mins, run script
                        and see the data\weathercom_xml\weathercom.xml
                        Attached Files

Comment

small remark
                          uncheck Weatherplug and Average reading...

Comment

Working...
                          X